Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How Best Buy weaseled out of their Claude Chabrol Collection orders

How Best Buy weaseled out of their Claude Chabrol Collection orders

Frank Malczewski

At least mine....

Bought it just after it went out of stock on the 4th of June. The order
finally shipped a few days ago and I got it today.

But low and behold, they substituted just the single 'La Rupture' DVD
(and it arrived with DVD loose from hub - rattle rattle rattle - no
less), making the order invoice look like an entirely different order
(e.g., order date 6/25).

I called them up and noted that they sent me an item I did not order
instead of the item I did order (you know the 8 DVD box set for $14.99).
They said I should send back the wrong item to them for full credit.

Could they ship me a copy of what I actually ordered? Well they
couldn't do an order over the phone, and I'd have to go to the website
to reorder it. Oh, and by the way, it's currently undergoing
reconstruction, so you can't place an order right now.

But I did clarify that I could just take it back to my local BB and get
the full refund that way. (Which I'll do.)

The end.

Did notice that both my local BB stores now have two copies each of the
set (none were available on the 3rd of June) at $71.99 (could have used
that 10% off coupon to get it cheaper), but I never was interested
enough to pay that much for it.

--Frank

Frank Malczewski

outbuck16 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hmm, I actually got the complete set. And I did buy it after reading
> about the deal here in the group.

Yes, but was it on back order for two (three?) weeks before they shipped
it to you? Mine shipped just a few days ago. (My mistake for waiting a
day...)

Still, there's no way I'm getting it at 14.99... they won't let me.

--Frank

Frank Malczewski

Frank Malczewski <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> outbuck16 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I actually got the complete set. And I did buy it after reading
> > about the deal here in the group.

> Yes, but was it on back order for two (three?) weeks before they shipped
> it to you? Mine shipped just a few days ago. (My mistake for waiting a
> day...)
>
> Still, there's no way I'm getting it at 14.99... they won't let me.
>
> --Frank

Actually, guess I was wrong (in brief):

me: Hi. They sent me the wrong item. I'd like to get a refund.

guy1: Uh, I dunno how to do returns from buy.com. Let me get somebody
over here that does.

me: Oh and the 800 person said I'd get the extra I paid for 2day
shipping back too, since the wrong item was sent.

guy3 (guy 2 didn't know how either): Do we have what you originally
ordered here in stock?

me: Yes, but it's not the same price.

guy3: We'll fix you up.

me... goes off to get the box and returns

guy3.. looks at box set price and double-takes/gags/etc/etc [it was
classic], but he (and the other two guys) did do the exchange.

Apparently the single DVD La Rupture (14.99) that they sent me has the
same SKU as the box (71.99 currently), thus the deal.

Roger Zoul

Frank Malczewski wrote:
:: Frank Malczewski <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
::
::: outbuck16 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:::
[...]

Best Buy ain't so bad....for DVDs....

Erik Harris

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:19:15 -0400, "Roger Zoul" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Best Buy ain't so bad....for DVDs....

Or music... as long as it was released less than a week ago. It seems that
their prices on brand new music and movies are consistently better than
anyplace else.

I just bought La Femme Nikita Special Edition (despite mixed reviews of its
visual quality) for $15 at Best Buy, when the best on-line price is
apparently $17 after shipping (from deepdiscountdvd, which tends to take its
time on its free shipping option).

--
Erik Harris n$wsr$ader@$harrishom$.com
AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.

buck16

Anyway, yeah, mine was on backorder, too.