Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Galactica

Steve

I just heard on TV that the series Battlestar Galactica is being
digitially remastered and will shortly be released on DVD. He said
that all the episodes would be released. Does anyone know when this is
expected?

jayembee

"Buckaroo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I just heard on TV that the series Battlestar Galactica is
>> being digitially remastered and will shortly be released on
>> DVD. He said that all the episodes would be released. Does
>> anyone know when this is expected?

> When? None of the fan or commercial websites have a clue.

And that's because Universal hasn't said a thing about when
we might expect it.

-- jayembee

Arg0

I actually heard that they will be release din November, not sure if its
going to be on huge box set or what have you. But I did hear that and its
supposed to be released at the same time of the "reimagined" version of BSG.
But I could be wrong, but thats what I heard.

Arg0-

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Buckaroo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> I just heard on TV that the series Battlestar Galactica is
> >> being digitially remastered and will shortly be released on
> >> DVD. He said that all the episodes would be released. Does
> >> anyone know when this is expected?

> > When? None of the fan or commercial websites have a clue.

> And that's because Universal hasn't said a thing about when
> we might expect it.
>
> -- jayembee

Scribner

On 30 Jun 2003 12:06:05 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (jayembee)
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (jayembee) wrote:

>>> When? None of the fan or commercial websites have a clue.

>> And that's because Universal hasn't said a thing about when
>> we might expect it.

>Well, they have now. The release date is 14 October:
>
>http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=34154
>
>-- jayembee

They must be tying it in with the release of the new Battlestar
Galactica.

Douglas Bailey

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> The release date is 14 October:
> http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=34154

Woohoo! Childhood revisitation, here I come!

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

Stan Jensen

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:55:53 GMT, Scribner <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>They must be tying it in with the release of the new Battlestar
>Galactica.

Yeppers.

Invid Fan

In article <rz3Ma.7187$(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com>, mikey
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
> the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
> of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).
> Coincidentally, the night that BSG aired Part 1 it was up against the
> broadcast premier of the remake of KING KONG, which was also split over two
> Sundays at 2 hours a pop.

.... and my dad wanted to watch King Kong. I managed to flip the channel
once and caught Starbuck flying a shuttle among the fleet, but that was
it. In the days before video and with just one tv, you just had one
shot. I did pick up the novel, though

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

mikey

Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).
Coincidentally, the night that BSG aired Part 1 it was up against the
broadcast premier of the remake of KING KONG, which was also split over two
Sundays at 2 hours a pop. And THIS longer version, with additional scenes,
is not available on DVD --only the theatrical version (and with no extras).
Too bad cuz, with 9/11, they ain't likely to rerelease this one. (though I
have seen it on WE channel recently --still just the theatrical version
though).

Arg0 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3effb4f3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I actually heard that they will be release din November, not sure if its
> going to be on huge box set or what have you. But I did hear that and its
> supposed to be released at the same time of the "reimagined" version of

BSG.
> But I could be wrong, but thats what I heard.
>

> Arg0-
>
> "jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> > > When? None of the fan or commercial websites have a clue.

> > And that's because Universal hasn't said a thing about when
> > we might expect it.
> >
> > -- jayembee

jayembee

"mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
>the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
>of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).

(1) They'd already released the theatrical version on DVD quite some
time ago as a standalone release. Since this is being advertised as
the *series*, there's virtually no doubt that it'll be the TV version
in this set.

(2) The TV version premiere wasn't "over the course of two Sundays at
2 hours a pop", it was in a single 3-hour slot. The net running time
is a tad under 2.5 hours -- about 25 minutes longer than the
theatrical version. I taped it (actually, the entire series) on it's
initial broadcast, and in fact, still have those tapes. The premiere
is on three tapes (Betamax, at a time when there was only one speed,
and the top capacity of a tape was one hour).

-- jayembee

Andy

jayembee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> "mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
> >the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
> >of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).

> (1) They'd already released the theatrical version on DVD quite some
> time ago as a standalone release. Since this is being advertised as
> the *series*, there's virtually no doubt that it'll be the TV version
> in this set.

Oh, I don't know, Universal screwed up their PAL-format VHS "TV Movie"
box set a couple years ago! I bought it thinking I'd get the expanded
movie versions of all the two-parters, since the box set was
advertised as the "movie" collection. Instead, the pilot was the
theatrical version, and all the two-parters were released as two-part
episodes, even "Greetings From Earth"! The only "movies" in this set
were the ones compiled from the 1-hour segments, which didn't have the
extended footage like the once assembled from 2-parters. Also, when
Universal released Greetings from Earth in a single-tape version, it
was again the 2-parter, not the original movie version. I don't recall
if the volume 1 VHS was the theatrical cut again or the three-part
version.

Unless they've had a consultant on this project, don't trust Universal
to get it right!

Let us hope that no only do they get the pilot movie "right", but that
we also get the original movie-length presentation of "Greetings from
Earth".

FTD#452349 GOOD ONE Battlestar Galactica S1D2 Repost par2 files plz FtheRIAA Computer Support 2 09-12-2005 10:31 PM
Battlestar Galactica Series DVD - Any word on quality? Stan Jensen DVD Video 53 11-07-2003 01:24 AM
BattleStar Galactica profft DVD Video 13 11-03-2003 09:09 PM
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Question. Wild Coyote DVD Video 0 08-12-2003 11:23 PM
Battlestar Galactica Box Set and others Announced Arg0 DVD Video 0 07-03-2003 02:06 PM

Advertisments