Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How do I remove search engine items?

How do I remove search engine items?

Dick Stouffer

Using Win98se

Firefox 1.5 came with a small group of search engines
some of which I did not want. They were easy to remove
by deleting the entries in the searchplugins folder.

I added some new search engines, but nothing appears in
the searchplugins folder. How do I remove them? (That
right-click removal tool doesn't work with Win98se)

Uncle Richard

batintherain

Dick Stouffer ha scritto:
> Using Win98se
>
> Firefox 1.5 came with a small group of search engines
> some of which I did not want. They were easy to remove
> by deleting the entries in the searchplugins folder.
>
> I added some new search engines, but nothing appears in
> the searchplugins folder. How do I remove them? (That
> right-click removal tool doesn't work with Win98se)

I think that, since version 1.5, personal search engines are no more listed
in the program folder, but somewhere in the profile folder.
Anyway, I suggest this extension for sorting and managing search engines:
http://maltekraus.de/Firefox/Search-Engine-Ordering/

Please post in text mode in newsgroups.

--
~batintherain