Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Another end of an era

Another end of an era

Zimmy

Derek Janssen wrote:
> It may not mean much to newcomers here, but DVD old-timers will feel a
> pang of changing times at Universal's announcement of teen comedies
> for 9/2:
>
> In between a package of standard rescheduled John Hughes comedies
> (Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Weird Science) was sandwiched--
>

> <pause to let the oldest of old-timers prepare for milestone shock>
>

> ...."Three O'Clock High".
>
> Yes, THAT one. The one you'd all spent five years asking for, and
> nobody knows why.
>
> Derek Janssen

OK, now that this and Remo Williams are on DVD, what will be the next,
fanboy, when will it be announced, have to have release be???

Heck, they even announced Valley Girl and Dragonslayer.

Derek Janssen

It may not mean much to newcomers here, but DVD old-timers will feel a
pang of changing times at Universal's announcement of teen comedies for 9/2:

In between a package of standard rescheduled John Hughes comedies
(Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Weird Science) was sandwiched--

<pause to let the oldest of old-timers prepare for milestone shock>

....."Three O'Clock High".

Yes, THAT one. The one you'd all spent five years asking for, and
nobody knows why.

Derek Janssen
(E-Mail Removed)

Metlhd3138

>OK, now that this and Remo Williams are on DVD, what will be the next,
>fanboy, when will it be announced, have to have release be???

Ishtar and Howard the duck?

OW! I WAS KIDDING,.,STOP THROWING THOSE BRENTWOOD 10 PACKS AT ME!!

Tarkus

On 25 Jun 2003 23:37:59 GMT, Metlhd3138 wrote:

> Ishtar and Howard the duck?
>
> OW! I WAS KIDDING,.,STOP THROWING THOSE BRENTWOOD 10 PACKS AT ME!!

Hey, HTD is a guilty pleasure of mine!
--
"Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in the heart with a clothes
hanger while I was still in the womb?"