Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Man Show" DVD, any nudity?

"Man Show" DVD, any nudity?

Jason

I just saw that Comedy Central's "The Man Show" is coming out on dvd.
I'm just wondering if they are going to remove all the fuzzy editing
they had for the on-air broadcasts for segments like "Household tips
from adult porn stars". Does anyone know?

H.L.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jason) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> I just saw that Comedy Central's "The Man Show" is coming out on dvd.
> I'm just wondering if they are going to remove all the fuzzy editing
> they had for the on-air broadcasts for segments like "Household tips
> from adult porn stars". Does anyone know?

I picked up "The Man Show" season 1 today and it's a fairly poor
presentation of the show. To answer your question, all of the nudity
is still censored just as it originally aired on TV. Even the
"never-before-seen" bonus clips have censored nudity. However, it
seems like the "bleeps" over the language were removed for the DVD.
The picture quality is very bad on many of the episodes. In some
portions it looks like a bad "quicktime" movie streaming over the
Internet because of all the pixelation and graininess. It looks like
Comedy Central put next to no effort into this box set, which is a big
dissapointment considering it's one of their highest rated shows.
I still like having the box set because I find the show hilarious
(even in its censored form), but it's only worth it if you don't want
to make the effort to tape it off Comedy Central. Let's hope Season 2
is presented _far_ better.

Hooptie

ChessPieceFace

On 24 Jun 2003 20:04:10 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (H.L.) wrote:
>I picked up "The Man Show" season 1 today and it's a fairly poor
>presentation of the show. To answer your question, all of the nudity
>is still censored just as it originally aired on TV. Even the
>"never-before-seen" bonus clips have censored nudity. However, it
>seems like the "bleeps" over the language were removed for the DVD.
>The picture quality is very bad on many of the episodes. In some
>portions it looks like a bad "quicktime" movie streaming over the
>Internet because of all the pixelation and graininess. It looks like
>Comedy Central put next to no effort into this box set, which is a big
>dissapointment considering it's one of their highest rated shows.
>I still like having the box set because I find the show hilarious
>(even in its censored form), but it's only worth it if you don't want
>to make the effort to tape it off Comedy Central. Let's hope Season 2
>is presented _far_ better.

They put even less effort into their HIGHEST-rated show, South Park,
so you probably shouldn't be so surprised...

jtown@punk.net

ChessPieceFace <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On 24 Jun 2003 20:04:10 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (H.L.) wrote:

: They put even less effort into their HIGHEST-rated show, South Park,
: so you probably shouldn't be so surprised...

No kidding. The South Park set was so bad I returned it.

Jamie

Ransack The Elder

Mmmmmm...Juggy Angelique. How I'd like to romp on the trampoline with her.

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I just saw that Comedy Central's "The Man Show" is coming out on dvd.
> I'm just wondering if they are going to remove all the fuzzy editing
> they had for the on-air broadcasts for segments like "Household tips
> from adult porn stars". Does anyone know?

Ransack The Elder

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> That sucks. CC blew it yet again. Since they will probably have TMS in
> syndication for decades there is no need for me to buy the DVD then.
> Thanks for saving me a disappointing purchase.

Yep, put the Man Show DVD in my 'do not bother to buy' list.

However, I may copy it.