Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to determine if DVD is a copy

How to determine if DVD is a copy

memrymyst

I just bought two Disney DVDs on ebay. I have a feeling that they may
be copies. The discs have a sticker on them instead of the normal silk
screen. Furthermore the sticker is not centered very well. It sits
slightly outside the disc. The hole in the middle of the sticker is
everything but round – looks like it's cut out with scissors.

I'm new to the DVD media and would like to know if anyone has seen
this before on an original DVD? Is there anything else I could look
for to determine if these are copies or not?

Thanks for your reply.
Memrymyst

Max Volume

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, memrymyst
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just bought two Disney DVDs on ebay. I have a feeling that they may
> be copies. The discs have a sticker on them instead of the normal silk
> screen. Furthermore the sticker is not centered very well. It sits
> slightly outside the disc. The hole in the middle of the sticker is
> everything but round – looks like it's cut out with scissors.

<sarcasm>

Nope, that's 100% original -- an official copy if I ever saw one.

</sarcasm>

Get a clue.

TB

"memrymyst" wrote:

> I just bought two Disney DVDs on ebay. I have a feeling that they may
> be copies. The discs have a sticker on them instead of the normal silk
> screen. Furthermore the sticker is not centered very well. It sits
> slightly outside the disc. The hole in the middle of the sticker is
> everything but round - looks like it's cut out with scissors.
>
> I'm new to the DVD media and would like to know if anyone has seen
> this before on an original DVD? Is there anything else I could look
> for to determine if these are copies or not?
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Memrymyst

You like pyramid schemes? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

T.B.

STARMAN695

Does Anyone here have SILENCE of the LAmbs Criterion edition . ... if so when
placed in a DVD rom and under MY COMPUTER EXPLORER does it disply the entire
title or just SILENCE... Wondering if I have a copy ...

nXt

People must reliase that you can't fit the entire title as the volume
label because of certain formats you must comply to when making
dvds/cds/whatever. I've seen some weird names and acronyms used on the
dvds I have and purchased at retail stores.

On 25 Jun 2003 22:29:21 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (STARMAN695) wrote:

>Does Anyone here have SILENCE of the LAmbs Criterion edition . ... if so when
>placed in a DVD rom and under MY COMPUTER EXPLORER does it disply the entire
>title or just SILENCE... Wondering if I have a copy ...

Ratmaster2000

Hmm A lot of my Japanese J-POP video DVD's will either come up with the item
number (ie EPBE-5025) or in MANY cases lately will simply say DVD-Video.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...