Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: MONTY PYTHON CUT??

Re: MONTY PYTHON CUT??

Brian Jaudon

Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> [cc'd to previous poster; follow-ups in newsgroup suggested]
>
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) > in
> alt.video.dvd, Brian Jaudon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >And there is at least one sketch on the DVD set
> >that I've never seen any US airings of the series- it's the "Wacky
> >Queen" sketch in the first episode of series 1.

> I've just now looked through series 1 episode 1, and I don't see
> what you're referring to. Can you say a bit more about the "wacky
> queen" sketch?

My mistake, it's on the first DVD but I think it might be episode #2.
At any rate it's the episode that starts with the flying sheep sketch.
The "Wacky Queen" sketch occurs between the marriage counselor sketch
and the sketch about the coal miner who visits his playwright father.
It's a silly slapstick silent film parody featuring Queen Victoria.
Usually when this episode is shown on TV it just cuts from marriage
counselor to coal miner.