Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > My concerns about Miramax' SHAOLIN SOCCER

My concerns about Miramax' SHAOLIN SOCCER

HONG KONGer

Stephen Chow was originally the one who is dubbing for himself, but recently
I read that Miramax have changed it to another guy who can speak better
English, and I found they really changed it to another guy in the latest
trailer, it's indeed a good change. I personally don't really worry about if
the movie is dubbed or not as long as it stays with the original meanings
and they're pronounced correctly. But not dubbing is always better.

I'm more being concern about they changed the sound effects, background
music and they cut away some scenes.

From the Miramax trailers I can see some sound effects and background music
are changed. They are important, the original are very well done and
exciting. From the second trailer from Miramax website, notice the sound
effect are changed when the fireball turning into a tiger and the lady
parking scene, and more.

Get Miramax trailers from:
www.shaolinsoccer.com

Major ChrisB

"HONG KONGer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bd6qh6$usv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stephen Chow was originally the one who is dubbing for himself, but

recently
> I read that Miramax have changed it to another guy who can speak better
> English, and I found they really changed it to another guy in the latest
> trailer, it's indeed a good change. I personally don't really worry about

if
> the movie is dubbed or not as long as it stays with the original meanings
> and they're pronounced correctly. But not dubbing is always better.
>
> I'm more being concern about they changed the sound effects, background
> music and they cut away some scenes.

think thats bad....Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The Eye.....

TetsuwanATOM

"Major ChrisB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XZBJa.2353$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "HONG KONGer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bd6qh6$usv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Stephen Chow was originally the one who is dubbing for himself, but

> recently
> > I read that Miramax have changed it to another guy who can speak better
> > English, and I found they really changed it to another guy in the latest
> > trailer, it's indeed a good change. I personally don't really worry

about
> if
> > the movie is dubbed or not as long as it stays with the original

meanings
> > and they're pronounced correctly. But not dubbing is always better.
> >
> > I'm more being concern about they changed the sound effects, background
> > music and they cut away some scenes.

> think thats bad....Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The Eye.....

One good thing about Asian remake fever is that many of these bozos are just
trying to get in on the act and appear on top of things, half the projects
wont get made, especially after the really bad ideas do poorly at the box
office.

Major ChrisB

"TetsuwanATOM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Major ChrisB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XZBJa.2353$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "HONG KONGer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bd6qh6$usv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Stephen Chow was originally the one who is dubbing for himself, but

> > recently
> > > I read that Miramax have changed it to another guy who can speak

better
> > > English, and I found they really changed it to another guy in the

latest
> > > trailer, it's indeed a good change. I personally don't really worry

> about
> > if
> > > the movie is dubbed or not as long as it stays with the original

> meanings
> > > and they're pronounced correctly. But not dubbing is always better.
> > >
> > > I'm more being concern about they changed the sound effects,

background
> > > music and they cut away some scenes.

> > think thats bad....Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The

Eye.....

> One good thing about Asian remake fever is that many of these bozos are

just
> trying to get in on the act and appear on top of things, half the projects
> wont get made, especially after the really bad ideas do poorly at the box
> office.

I've not seen the origional but The Ring was excelent right except the end.
I've seen The Eye several times and it's amazing.....I cant imagine a
western film capturing the same tension and suspense though

PaulStation

>>> think thats bad....Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The
>>> Eye.....

I've seen The Eye several times and it's amazing.....I cant
> imagine a western film capturing the same tension and suspense though

I wasn't mad on The Eye to be honest. It started well, and had its moments
of nail-biting tension and scares- but the ending let it down somewhat
IMHO...

--
PaulStation
--

ashnak

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:27:39 -0500, "TetsuwanATOM"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Major ChrisB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:XZBJa.2353$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "HONG KONGer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bd6qh6$usv$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Stephen Chow was originally the one who is dubbing for himself, but

>> recently
>> > I read that Miramax have changed it to another guy who can speak better
>> > English, and I found they really changed it to another guy in the latest
>> > trailer, it's indeed a good change. I personally don't really worry

>about
>> if
>> > the movie is dubbed or not as long as it stays with the original

>meanings
>> > and they're pronounced correctly. But not dubbing is always better.
>> >
>> > I'm more being concern about they changed the sound effects, background
>> > music and they cut away some scenes.

>> think thats bad....Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The Eye.....
>>

>One good thing about Asian remake fever is that many of these bozos are just
>trying to get in on the act and appear on top of things, half the projects
>wont get made, especially after the really bad ideas do poorly at the box
>office.

It isn't limited to "Asian Remake". I just saw the add for the, looks
like, word for word US version of Coupling.

"He's a sorcerer, that one.
He reads the thoughts in my brain"
Mark Lenard
Star Trek
Balance of Terror

Major ChrisB

"ashnak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:27:39 -0500, "TetsuwanATOM"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Major ChrisB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:XZBJa.2353$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "HONG KONGer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:bd6qh6$usv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> recently

better

latest

> >about
> >> if

> >meanings

background

> >> think thats bad....Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The

Eye.....

> >One good thing about Asian remake fever is that many of these bozos are

just
> >trying to get in on the act and appear on top of things, half the

projects
> >wont get made, especially after the really bad ideas do poorly at the box
> >office.
> >

> It isn't limited to "Asian Remake". I just saw the add for the, looks
> like, word for word US version of Coupling.

yeah theres an episode of friends in the last season thats almost word for
one an episode of coupling.

Chandler visits richard's old appartment and finds a porn tape with monicas
name on it in a closit after much negotiation whether to watch it or not he
asked joey to watch it for him, joey saw it and then chandler watched it and
monica caught them, was furious at chandler, watched it herself then
discovered it wasn't her and he'd taped over her with someone else and none
of them noticed it wasn't her.

in Coupling Steve visited Patrick's flat to find a tape of Susan in the
closit, he asked Jeff to watch it for him coz he didn't want to watch it
himself, susan arrives at the flat to find the three of them watching it
then discovers its not her and get ****ed off coz patrick taped over her and
none of them noticed it wasn't her

sagacity

> > Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The Eye
>
> Tell U something, the CG of both The Eye and Shaolin Soccer is done by the
> same company.

And your point is....?

--
sag

Max

"ashnak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:27:39 -0500, "TetsuwanATOM"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Major ChrisB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:XZBJa.2353$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "HONG KONGer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:bd6qh6$usv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> recently

better

latest

> >about
> >> if

> >meanings

background

> >> think thats bad....Tom Cruise has bought the rights to remake The

Eye.....

> >One good thing about Asian remake fever is that many of these bozos are

just
> >trying to get in on the act and appear on top of things, half the

projects
> >wont get made, especially after the really bad ideas do poorly at the box
> >office.
> >

> It isn't limited to "Asian Remake". I just saw the add for the, looks
> like, word for word US version of Coupling.

I watched it the other day. Truly awful if youve seen the UK version.

JP

they always use different sound fx and music for movie trailers
anyway.....so i'm not too concerned about what is heard in the trailers.

anyone remember the american trailer to Supercop in the scene where jackie
and michelle yeoh both jump into a window but jackie gets in first and the
window closes making michelle hit it? and he opens it up and says "Sorry"
(in a badly dubbed voice). i'm so glad that wasn't in the movie...

"HONG KONGer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bd6qh6$usv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stephen Chow was originally the one who is dubbing for himself, but

recently
> I read that Miramax have changed it to another guy who can speak better
> English, and I found they really changed it to another guy in the latest
> trailer, it's indeed a good change. I personally don't really worry about

if
> the movie is dubbed or not as long as it stays with the original meanings
> and they're pronounced correctly. But not dubbing is always better.
>
> I'm more being concern about they changed the sound effects, background
> music and they cut away some scenes.
>
> From the Miramax trailers I can see some sound effects and background

music
> are changed. They are important, the original are very well done and
> exciting. From the second trailer from Miramax website, notice the sound
> effect are changed when the fireball turning into a tiger and the lady
> parking scene, and more.
>
> Get Miramax trailers from:
> www.shaolinsoccer.com

Review of Miramax's DVD for SHAOLIN SOCCER. Jay G DVD Video 13 08-24-2004 08:33 PM
Shaolin Soccer Multi-code DVD Video 3 04-11-2004 02:18 PM
Shaolin Soccer? Randy DVD Video 6 04-07-2004 05:57 AM
(Dutch) Review: Shaolin Soccer [2-DVD] etc. DVD Specials DVD Video 0 10-28-2003 07:08 PM
Shaolin Soccer - any possibility of a real R1 release? Brian \Demolition Man\ Little DVD Video 1 09-22-2003 02:50 PM

Advertisments