Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > KonicaMinolta considering digital specific lens lineup for new digitalSLR

KonicaMinolta considering digital specific lens lineup for new digitalSLR

Alan Browne

Extract from Konica Minolta internal interview.

Helberg (Marketing Manager from Konica Minolta Europe): Indeed,
the expectations for this camera add to its appeal, with the wide
variety of lenses as if being equipped with an Anti-Shake system.
Although the conventional lenses are all useable, we still expect
some new lenses exclusively designed for the Dynax 7 Digital. Are
there any plans in the Development Centre for lenses optimised
for the APS-C size imaging circle to get the best image?

Ishizuka (General Manager of the Konica Minolta Development
Center): Our lenses are compatible with both conventional film
and digital cameras at present, and it is natural to expect that
such lenses form part of our plan. We will try to release some
information as soon as possible. Within the premise that many of
our consumers still enjoy conventional film SLR photography, we
have to offer the best product line-up. There is an idea for the
future, that for customers of Digital SLRs we will propose an
exclusively designed APS based platform lenses that bring
benefits for their size, weight and so on.

If you'd like a copy of the newsleter, please e-meil me.