Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > cropping

cropping

thomas f

Hopefully I'm in the correct NG!

A friend wants to crop photos using a ROUND crop tool? He uses Paintshop Pro
and I use Photoshop but the crop tool is square in both programs.

Is there a way around this or can someone suggest a program which has this
function.

TIA

Tom

---

MikeS

"thomas f" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hopefully I'm in the correct NG!
>
> A friend wants to crop photos using a ROUND crop tool? He uses Paintshop

Pro
> and I use Photoshop but the crop tool is square in both programs.
>
> Is there a way around this or can someone suggest a program which has this
> function.
>
> TIA
>
> Tom
>

> ---
>
> I think you need the Eliptical marquee tool this can be used as eliptical

or round depending on how you use it.
As there is no such thing as round paper except for CD labels you have to
make a selection round the image with the eliptical or round marching ants
then select inverse on the selection tool and fill in with what ever colour
you want white can be effective background. read your manual on marquee
tool.
MikeS

Bob Williams

thomas f wrote:
> Hopefully I'm in the correct NG!
>
> A friend wants to crop photos using a ROUND crop tool? He uses Paintshop Pro
> and I use Photoshop but the crop tool is square in both programs.
>
> Is there a way around this or can someone suggest a program which has this
> function.
>
> TIA
>
> Tom

In Photoshop, use the elliptical marquee tool but hold down the SHIFT
key while dragging your cursor.
This constrains the ellipse to a circle.
Bob Williams

Marvin Margoshes

"thomas f" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hopefully I'm in the correct NG!
>
> A friend wants to crop photos using a ROUND crop tool? He uses Paintshop

Pro
> and I use Photoshop but the crop tool is square in both programs.
>
> Is there a way around this or can someone suggest a program which has this
> function.
>
> TIA
>
> Tom

In PSP, you can select a round area. Copy the selection to a new canvas,
with a white background. Print.

cropping an image to size...? Milsnips ASP .Net 2 04-25-2006 02:41 PM
Cropping an image Darrel ASP .Net 3 04-23-2006 09:33 PM
.Net control for uploading, cropping and transforming graphics file FrankV ASP .Net 0 11-08-2005 03:28 AM
JAI example of cropping Andrew Neiderer Java 2 09-17-2005 11:31 AM
Re: I need help with cropping in Photoshop for a large print kay Digital Photography 5 07-30-2003 05:49 PM

Advertisments