Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need help with night photography

Need help with night photography

JC in PQ

Sometimes I have to take pictures of illegally parked vehicles at
night. Whenever I do, the license plates get washed out by the flash
on my Canon Powershot S30. I haven't been able to come up with a
solution that will let me capture both the vehicle and its license
plate.
Can anyone give me any hints?

usenet@imagenoir.com

Kibo informs me that http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (JC in PQ) stated that:

>Sometimes I have to take pictures of illegally parked vehicles at
>night. Whenever I do, the license plates get washed out by the flash
>on my Canon Powershot S30. I haven't been able to come up with a
>solution that will let me capture both the vehicle and its license
>plate.
>Can anyone give me any hints?

Try holding a folded tissue or white handkerchief over the flash window
when you take the shot. That should greatly reduce the reflection from
the plate.

mickey

Hold the camera "real" steady and turn yer flash off!