Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > did anyone try this: cheap point-n-shoot on the back of a large format beast?

Reply
Thread Tools

did anyone try this: cheap point-n-shoot on the back of a large format beast?

 
 
Frank Pittel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
In rec.photo.equipment.large-format jjs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: "Frank Pittel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...

: > It ran my direct taxes up and it also increased the cost of government to
: you.
: > When the feds increased the taxes on the businesses that you buy from the
: cost
: > was passed on to you. That effects everyboby.

: Eventually we the people are going to have to pay for the war. How much do
: you think it will cost each working American? Answer: past the end of our
: lives and onto our children.

The cost of the war is going to be high, very high. How much do you think the
lives of the Iraqi's that Saddam hasn't killed are worth? How about the lives of
the Isreali<SP?> that weren't killed by homicide bombers that Saddam paid to
blow themselves and innocent Isreali woman and children?

I wonder how many people have calculated how much clinton's war in bosnia has
cost and is still costing us.

--




Keep working millions on welfare depend on you
-------------------
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rafe bustin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:26:56 -0500, Frank Pittel
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>The cost of the war is going to be high, very high. How much do you think the
>lives of the Iraqi's that Saddam hasn't killed are worth? How about the lives of
>the Isreali<SP?> that weren't killed by homicide bombers that Saddam paid to
>blow themselves and innocent Isreali woman and children?



You haven't proven that our invasion of Iraq has done
squat, either for the benefit of the Iraqi people or
the Israelis.

Funny how the justification for our Iraq adventure
has swung away from WMDs.... toward
humanitarian purposes and "nation building".

As if we gave a rat's ass about brutal dictators
in the middle east or anywhere else. So when are
we going to push for "regime change" in Saudi Arabia?

As if we're haven't coddled brutal dictators --
including Saddam himself -- around the world,
for the last hundred years or more. In Chile,
Cuba, the Phillipiines, Korea, Vietnam, Iran,
El Salvador, Indonesia. We put these people in
powerand looked the other way as their opponents
"disappeared" at the hands of death squads.


>I wonder how many people have calculated how much clinton's war in bosnia has
>cost and is still costing us.


There was not one single US combat casualty in that war.
It cost us nothing, compared to Iraq. There was no
"shock and awe."

Matter of fact, the USA took a vital role in ending that
war, by negotiation, in Dayton.


rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Pittel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
In rec.photo.equipment.large-format rafe bustin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:26:56 -0500, Frank Pittel
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


: >The cost of the war is going to be high, very high. How much do you think the
: >lives of the Iraqi's that Saddam hasn't killed are worth? How about the lives of
: >the Isreali<SP?> that weren't killed by homicide bombers that Saddam paid to
: >blow themselves and innocent Isreali woman and children?


: You haven't proven that our invasion of Iraq has done
: squat, either for the benefit of the Iraqi people or
: the Israelis.

You're kidding. Right??

: Funny how the justification for our Iraq adventure
: has swung away from WMDs.... toward
: humanitarian purposes and "nation building".

: As if we gave a rat's ass about brutal dictators
: in the middle east or anywhere else. So when are
: we going to push for "regime change" in Saudi Arabia?

: As if we're haven't coddled brutal dictators --
: including Saddam himself -- around the world,
: for the last hundred years or more. In Chile,
: Cuba, the Phillipiines, Korea, Vietnam, Iran,
: El Salvador, Indonesia. We put these people in
: powerand looked the other way as their opponents
: "disappeared" at the hands of death squads.


How many of those dictators were a direct threat to the US?? Saddam clearly
supported terrorists and made it clear that he wanted to attack the US. I know
you don't think that we should have waited until after he attacked before
acting.

: >I wonder how many people have calculated how much clinton's war in bosnia has
: >cost and is still costing us.

: There was not one single US combat casualty in that war.
: It cost us nothing, compared to Iraq. There was no
: "shock and awe."

: Matter of fact, the USA took a vital role in ending that
: war, by negotiation, in Dayton.

Why do we still have troops there "keeping the peace"? When do we pull our
"peace keeping" troops out of Haiti?

--




Keep working millions on welfare depend on you
-------------------
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Self
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
Frank Pittel notes:

>How many of those dictators were a direct threat to the US?? Saddam clearly
>supported terrorists and made it clear that he wanted to attack the US. I
>know
>you don't think that we should have waited until after he attacked before
>acting.


His support was indirect, less direct than that of the Saudis.

How great a threat to the US is N. Korea?

How clear is it that Saddass wanted to attack the US? With what and with what
delivery system? He might have called up a couple suicidal nitwits, but he's
not a religious figure, so would have had trouble working large numbers of
morons up to the requisite level of stupidity and fury.
>
>Why do we still have troops there "keeping the peace"? When do we pull our
>"peace keeping" troops out of Haiti?
>


Shortly. After all, we're just now getting most of our troops out of Germany,
something close to 60 years after that war was done.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary
 
Reply With Quote
 
jjs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
"Frank Pittel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> How many of those dictators were a direct threat to the US?? Saddam

clearly
> supported terrorists and made it clear that he wanted to attack the US. I

know
> you don't think that we should have waited until after he attacked before
> acting.


We were bombing Iraq on a reglar basis before the war. Iraq was well
contained. There was some other motivation to devastate Iraq, but damned if
I can find a rationale without becoming mired in some conspiracy theory.


 
Reply With Quote
 
rafe bustin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:20:47 -0500, Frank Pittel
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In rec.photo.equipment.large-format rafe bustin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:26:56 -0500, Frank Pittel
>: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>: >The cost of the war is going to be high, very high. How much do you think the
>: >lives of the Iraqi's that Saddam hasn't killed are worth? How about the lives of
>: >the Isreali<SP?> that weren't killed by homicide bombers that Saddam paid to
>: >blow themselves and innocent Isreali woman and children?
>
>
>: You haven't proven that our invasion of Iraq has done
>: squat, either for the benefit of the Iraqi people or
>: the Israelis.
>
>You're kidding. Right??


No. Saddam is gone. That's great, but it had
nothing to do with W's original reasons for
attacking. Recall that Saddam was our good
buddy 20 years ago. We gave him lots of
support during Iraq's war with Iran in the
1980s. Support in the form of weapons
(both chemical and biological,) intelligence,
battle planning, etc.

The country's infrastructure is devastated.
If Moslem fundamentalists take power (and
of all his crimes, that was not one of Saddam's
flaws) then we have another Iran on our hands.

Jews and Christians were safe under Saddam's
regime, now both these groups are frightened
and under attack. Same for women who fail
to cover their faces or pray. It'll be just like
Saudi Arabia, just like Iran.

Face it: W and his pals had a plan to invade
Iraq, even before W took office. Sept 11 gave
them the excuse they were looking for. They
needed to stretch the truth to make the
connection, but hey, that's what Karl Rove
does best anyway.


>: Funny how the justification for our Iraq adventure
>: has swung away from WMDs.... toward
>: humanitarian purposes and "nation building".
>
>: As if we gave a rat's ass about brutal dictators
>: in the middle east or anywhere else. So when are
>: we going to push for "regime change" in Saudi Arabia?
>
>: As if we're haven't coddled brutal dictators --
>: including Saddam himself -- around the world,
>: for the last hundred years or more. In Chile,
>: Cuba, the Phillipiines, Korea, Vietnam, Iran,
>: El Salvador, Indonesia. We put these people in
>: powerand looked the other way as their opponents
>: "disappeared" at the hands of death squads.
>
>
>How many of those dictators were a direct threat to the US??


Irrelevant. They were installed at our behest --
so of course they were "friendly" to the US, although
murderous to their own people.

>Saddam clearly supported terrorists


Bullshit. Where's the evidence? There was no
collsion whatsoever between Saddam and Al
Quaeda. The two despised each other.

And yet W has continued to foster the false
impression that Saddam was somehow connected
to the events of Sept. 11, and half the country
believes that lie.

>and made it clear that he wanted to attack the US. I know
>you don't think that we should have waited until after he attacked before
>acting.


Saddam was no threat to the US. That is one of
the greatest lies perpetrated on the US citizens in
my lifetime.

North Korea may well be a greater threat, but
I see no imminent invasion, no saber rattling
in their direction.


rafe b
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank Pittel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
In rec.photo.equipment.large-format rafe bustin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:20:47 -0500, Frank Pittel
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: >In rec.photo.equipment.large-format rafe bustin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >: On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:26:56 -0500, Frank Pittel
: >: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >
: >
: >: >The cost of the war is going to be high, very high. How much do you think the
: >: >lives of the Iraqi's that Saddam hasn't killed are worth? How about the lives of
: >: >the Isreali<SP?> that weren't killed by homicide bombers that Saddam paid to
: >: >blow themselves and innocent Isreali woman and children?
: >
: >
: >: You haven't proven that our invasion of Iraq has done
: >: squat, either for the benefit of the Iraqi people or
: >: the Israelis.
: >
: >You're kidding. Right??

: No. Saddam is gone. That's great, but it had
: nothing to do with W's original reasons for
: attacking. Recall that Saddam was our good
: buddy 20 years ago. We gave him lots of
: support during Iraq's war with Iran in the
: 1980s. Support in the form of weapons
: (both chemical and biological,) intelligence,
: battle planning, etc.

: The country's infrastructure is devastated.
: If Moslem fundamentalists take power (and
: of all his crimes, that was not one of Saddam's
: flaws) then we have another Iran on our hands.

The infratsructure was in collapse prior to the liberation.
Only Saddams palaces even had electricity all day every day.

: Jews and Christians were safe under Saddam's
: regime, now both these groups are frightened
: and under attack. Same for women who fail
: to cover their faces or pray. It'll be just like
: Saudi Arabia, just like Iran.

Nobody was saf under saddam. Ever!!

: Face it: W and his pals had a plan to invade
: Iraq, even before W took office. Sept 11 gave
: them the excuse they were looking for. They
: needed to stretch the truth to make the
: connection, but hey, that's what Karl Rove
: does best anyway.

Your evidence of this is??

: >: Funny how the justification for our Iraq adventure
: >: has swung away from WMDs.... toward
: >: humanitarian purposes and "nation building".
: >
: >: As if we gave a rat's ass about brutal dictators
: >: in the middle east or anywhere else. So when are
: >: we going to push for "regime change" in Saudi Arabia?
: >
: >: As if we're haven't coddled brutal dictators --
: >: including Saddam himself -- around the world,
: >: for the last hundred years or more. In Chile,
: >: Cuba, the Phillipiines, Korea, Vietnam, Iran,
: >: El Salvador, Indonesia. We put these people in
: >: powerand looked the other way as their opponents
: >: "disappeared" at the hands of death squads.
: >
: >
: >How many of those dictators were a direct threat to the US??

: Irrelevant. They were installed at our behest --
: so of course they were "friendly" to the US, although
: murderous to their own people.

: >Saddam clearly supported terrorists

: Bullshit. Where's the evidence? There was no
: collsion whatsoever between Saddam and Al
: Quaeda. The two despised each other.

He openly paid the families of those that murdered Isreali woman and children.

: And yet W has continued to foster the false
: impression that Saddam was somehow connected
: to the events of Sept. 11, and half the country
: believes that lie.

The only ones fostering the impression of a Iraqi involvement with 9/11 are the
dems. This only as a strawman.

: >and made it clear that he wanted to attack the US. I know
: >you don't think that we should have waited until after he attacked before
: >acting.

: Saddam was no threat to the US. That is one of
: the greatest lies perpetrated on the US citizens in
: my lifetime.

The claim that slick made about not having sex with "that woman" was a far
greater lie. The fact is that Saddam wanted to hurt the US and had the means to
do so.

: North Korea may well be a greater threat, but
: I see no imminent invasion, no saber rattling
: in their direction.

Different problems require different solutions. The dems and the UN think that
these types of issues should be resolved by the UN. I say that we should turn
this over to them with the clear understanding that the US won't be the
enforcement arm of the UN in their attempt.
--




Keep working millions on welfare depend on you
-------------------
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Self
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
Frank Pittel goes on without proof:

>The claim that slick made about not having sex with "that woman" was a far
>greater lie. The fact is that Saddam wanted to hurt the US and had the means
>to
>do so.


Most people really don't give a rat's ass about Slick Willie's sex life, now or
then. But you keep saying Saddam wanted to hurt the US, which I don't doubt
after getting the crap beat out of his best back a dozen years ago. But you
also keep saying he had the means, and so far, no means have cropped up. Or are
you in on some big neocon secret hidden from us ordinary mortals?


Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary
 
Reply With Quote
 
Big Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
On 15 Aug 2004 20:30:43 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

>Frank Pittel goes on without proof:
>
>>The claim that slick made about not having sex with "that woman" was a far
>>greater lie. The fact is that Saddam wanted to hurt the US and had the means
>>to
>>do so.

>
>Most people really don't give a rat's ass about Slick Willie's sex life, now or
>then. But you keep saying Saddam wanted to hurt the US, which I don't doubt
>after getting the crap beat out of his best back a dozen years ago. But you
>also keep saying he had the means, and so far, no means have cropped up. Or are
>you in on some big neocon secret hidden from us ordinary mortals?
>
>
>Charlie Self
>"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
>Devil's Dictionary


Let me ask you a question; it's only hypothetical, so don't take it
personally.

Let's assume that you are a drug dealer; everyone knows it, the local
police have done all the research, and it's only a matter of finding
the drugs in your house.
Now, let's say that the local police send you a notarized letter,
saying:

Dear Mr. Self,
This Department strongly believes that you are dealing in
illegal drugs, and are using your house as the focal point of this
dealing, to include sales from this house, and storing the said drugs
in your house.
Please be on notice that, three weeks from today, we will come
to your house with a search warrant, specifically to search for these
drugs.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Now, are you going to be stupid enough to let drugs be found during
that search?
Now, switch to Iraq; do you really think SH is that stupid?

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
 
Reply With Quote
 
me@here.invalid
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2004
Frank Pittel ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:

> : Saddam was no threat to the US. That is one of
> : the greatest lies perpetrated on the US citizens in
> : my lifetime.
>
> The claim that slick made about not having sex with "that woman" was a far
> greater lie.


People like you both disgust me, and scare the living crap out of me.

One guy tells blatant, outright lies to start a war costing billions of
dollars and thousands of lives. Another tells lies about having cheated
on his wife -- and you think that's WORSE?

It's really sad that you're allowed to vote.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cheap lights, cheap setup.. systmster Digital Photography 8 03-14-2006 07:38 PM
Can anyone recommend a cheap UK printer for large-format canvas? peter.hurst@merseymail.com Digital Photography 1 09-11-2005 10:55 PM
Anyone Using A Large Format Printer? MoParMaN Digital Photography 10 08-07-2005 03:52 AM
Try, Try, Try, again... Rick12N4@netscape.net Computer Support 3 01-29-2005 04:02 PM
Can anyone suggest a large format printer? Bob Digital Photography 8 08-17-2004 11:51 PM



Advertisments