Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Installing AdBlock

Installing AdBlock

How do in install AdBlock in Firefox 1.5? When I click on the "Install"
link, nothing happens. I have downloaded the file "adblock... xpi" but
can't figure out how to install it.

Thanks in advance for you replies.

-- Mike

Never mind, I figured it out. -- Mike

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2jkmf.253268$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do in install AdBlock in Firefox 1.5? When I click on the "Install"
> link, nothing happens. I have downloaded the file "adblock... xpi" but
> can't figure out how to install it.
>
> Thanks in advance for you replies.
>
> -- Mike

gwtc

> How do in install AdBlock in Firefox 1.5? When I click on the "Install"
> link, nothing happens. I have downloaded the file "adblock... xpi" but
> can't figure out how to install it.
>
> Thanks in advance for you replies.
>
> -- Mike

in the address bar type in about:config and when it comes up look for
the setting of:

xpinstall.enabled

when you find it, double click on it and change it to True.

Adblock is sort of dead in the water. You should look at adblock
plus: http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm and you can ask questions
here: http://p2.forumforfree.com/adblockplus.html.

If you still want adblock, then you can ask questions here:
http://adblock.mozdev.org/forum.html/no_wrap

Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock History Fan Firefox 3 10-30-2006 05:38 PM
where are the Adblock filters stored? totojepast Firefox 1 05-03-2005 04:55 PM
Can't download Adblock Steve IA Firefox 3 02-16-2005 07:40 PM
Firefox and adblock Bats Firefox 6 07-04-2004 10:10 PM
adblock keyboard toggle - firebird 0.7 w Firefox 2 02-06-2004 09:00 AM

Advertisments