Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Divng into Digital/Useful Sources of information

Divng into Digital/Useful Sources of information

Stan Lipnowski

I am thinking of making the jump to digital. I have lots of experience with
35mm SLRs, but next to nothing with digital.
Where do you go to get USEFUL information on?
I have found that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup has made this
NG essentially useless recently.
Where do YOU go for your info (newbie to experienced users)?
TIA
Stan

Darrell Larose

http://www.luminous-landscape.com is one of many websites with on-line
tutorials.

"Stan Lipnowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8xuPc.1247$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am thinking of making the jump to digital. I have lots of experience

with
> 35mm SLRs, but next to nothing with digital.
> Where do you go to get USEFUL information on?
> I have found that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup has made

this
> NG essentially useless recently.
> Where do YOU go for your info (newbie to experienced users)?
> TIA
> Stan

Michael Meissner

"Stan Lipnowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I am thinking of making the jump to digital. I have lots of experience with
> 35mm SLRs, but next to nothing with digital.
> Where do you go to get USEFUL information on?
> I have found that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup has made this
> NG essentially useless recently.
> Where do YOU go for your info (newbie to experienced users)?

http://www.dpreview.com, particularly the user forums. I find
http://www.steves-digicams.com/ a little less active. I have a few other sites
listed in::

http://www.the-meissners.org/camera.html

but I rarely go to the general purpose sites any more.

--
Michael Meissner
http://www.the-meissners.org

Gisle Hannemyr

"Stan Lipnowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I have found that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup has
> made this NG essentially useless recently.

This NG isn't that bad, but you need to tune your newsreader a bit.
Learn about scoring and/or killing for whatever reader you use
(btw - this is so far the /only/ NG I've resorted to using a score
file for. My current score file removes in excess of 80% of the
posts here as off topic - mainly cascades).

> Where do YOU go for your info (newbie to experienced users)?

As somebody already mentioned the forums at dpreview are generally
good, in particular for focused technical questions about specific
products. But I like Usenet better than webforums for a number of
reasons, and with a good kill or score file, the S/N ratio becomes
acceptable.

Re: Information Sources Grog in Ohio MCSE 0 01-09-2004 09:42 PM
RE: Information Sources =?Utf-8?B?TG5rV2l6YXJk?= MCSE 0 01-09-2004 03:52 PM
Information Sources Marko MCSE 0 01-08-2004 10:59 PM
Re: Information Sources Politician Spock MCSE 0 01-08-2004 05:02 PM
New to programming/C++ & looking for good information sources. Malcolm C++ 3 07-26-2003 10:40 PM

Advertisments