Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Why does ANYONE believe these "terror alerts?"

Reply
Thread Tools

Why does ANYONE believe these "terror alerts?"

 
 
Randall Ainsworth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2004
In article <cem248$6iv$(E-Mail Removed)>, Gary L.
Burnore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes, it is too bad our government is turning against us under the
> premise of security. What's sadder is that some, apparently you
> included, think it's just fine and dandy.


> Yes, that's why I'm working hard to eject the current administration
> so we can go back to being a strong nation, not one cowering in a
> corner.


Another Michael Moron follower...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
me@here.invalid
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2004
Ron Hunter ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:

> It must be sad to be so negatively oriented to your own government.
> Perhaps you would be happier someplace where you can believe in, and
> trust your government.


I certainly would. Unfortunately, the United States is not such a place,
nor will it be as long as an enemy of this country holds the office of
president.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ron Hunter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
Gary L. Burnore wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:41:08 -0500, Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Gary L. Burnore wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:16:04 -0500, Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Sabineellen wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>The terror alerts are just to steal the limelight from the democratic national
>>>>>convention and Kerry, and remind people why they need to vote Bush. Expect them
>>>>>to become a regular thing as elections near.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Frankly, I hope you are right, because if you are WRONG, then alot of
>>>>people will die.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>A lot of people ARE dying. In IRAQ for no reason. Note the small
>>>print the whitehouse doesn't want you to know: The computer was in
>>>Pakistan, not IRAQ and was found BEFORE the democratic convention, not
>>>yesterday.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>I am pretty sure that when Al Quieda people are
>>>>questioned, they have a memorized list of 'plots' they can give away,
>>>>but can we afford to NOT take them seriously?
>>>
>>>
>>>If Bush were to actually be trying to stop terrorists instead of
>>>getting revenge for his dad, things would likely be different than
>>>they are now.
>>>
>>>Instead, we're expected to give up more of our freedoms because the
>>>administration's re-election campaign needs the boost.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>It must be sad to be so negatively oriented to your own government.

>
>
> Yes, it is too bad our government is turning against us under the
> premise of security. What's sadder is that some, apparently you
> included, think it's just fine and dandy.
>


Do you know anyone who has had his freedom restricted because of the
Patriot Act? Has anyone you know been arrested? Has your life changed?
What could you do 4 years ago that you can't do now? I don't see it,
and I have been from one coast to the other in the past 8 months, flying
all over. I must have missed something. Oh yeah, some people WERE
required to remove their shoes at the airport security checkpoint.
Massive invasion of constituitional rights there!!

>
>
>>Perhaps you would be happier someplace where you can believe in, and
>>trust your government.

>
>
> Yes, that's why I'm working hard to eject the current administration
> so we can go back to being a strong nation, not one cowering in a
> corner.
>
>

This nation is NOT cowering anywhere, but it WILL be if the likes of
Kerry are elected. Maybe Spain would suit you better.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Hunter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:

> Ron Hunter ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:
>
>
>>It must be sad to be so negatively oriented to your own government.
>>Perhaps you would be happier someplace where you can believe in, and
>>trust your government.

>
>
> I certainly would. Unfortunately, the United States is not such a place,
> nor will it be as long as an enemy of this country holds the office of
> president.


And where do you get that idea? Pure baloney.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary L. Burnore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:16:44 -0500, Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Ron Hunter ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:
>>
>>
>>>It must be sad to be so negatively oriented to your own government.
>>>Perhaps you would be happier someplace where you can believe in, and
>>>trust your government.

>>
>>
>> I certainly would. Unfortunately, the United States is not such a place,
>> nor will it be as long as an enemy of this country holds the office of
>> president.

>
>And where do you get that idea?


He're referring to Bush and yes, he is an enemy of this country. He's
not an enemey of Big Businees, Big Oil or drug companies, but he is of
the common man. The loss of many of our rights is proof of that.


> Pure baloney.


Only to the blind or the stupid. Which are you?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Atreides
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
Maybe not the government goons,.........but certainly
some Americans have the weight upon their shoulders.

I doubt that it will very seriously. Regardless of who is the
face of government, Republican or Democrat.....there is
a power structure behind these figure heads of that
I am sure. Even if I am wrong its one group of
the rich versus another.


In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This nation is NOT cowering anywhere, but it WILL be if the likes of
> Kerry are elected.

--
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the
measure of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the
measure of skill. Sun Tzu
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steven Wandy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
The loss of many of our rights is proof of that.

And what rights have you lost?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Steven Wandy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
> So you admit it could be ZERO.
>

Of course it also could be many. We don't know - DO YOU????


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary L. Burnore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 03:41:11 GMT, "Steven Wandy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:


>> So you admit it could be ZERO.
>>

>Of course it also could be many. We don't know - DO YOU????





Having trouble learning how your newsreader works or did you snip the
rest because you knew it hurt your argument?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary L. Burnore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2004
On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 03:40:00 GMT, "Steven Wandy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> The loss of many of our rights is proof of that.
>
>And what rights have you lost?


You're not kidding, are you? You REALLY don't know? ****ing amazing.

How about a right to a fair and speedy trial? A right to legal
representation? A right to face your accuser? Do you ACTUALLY THINK
that the people illegally detained at Guantanimo are the ONLY ones
subject to the rules put in place by Ashcroft?

At any time you can be detained and jailed without charge and those
holding you don't even have to TELL anyone you were arrested.

That's just one example.

Doubt me? Look it up for yourself. (Although, given that you can't
master your newsreader, I doubt you'll be able to)


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Russian Spies ???? This is Hilarious !!!!! Does anyone BELIEVE it ?after 911 Inside JOB and ANTHRAX nanothermite911fbibustards C++ 5 06-29-2010 09:30 PM
Russian Spies ???? This is Hilarious !!!!! Does anyone BELIEVE it ?after 911 Inside JOB and ANTHRAX nanothermite911fbibustards Python 5 06-29-2010 09:30 PM
Re: You won't believe this website I found <= but you *might* believe this! Bucky Breeder Computer Support 0 05-23-2007 03:54 PM
why why why why why Mr. SweatyFinger ASP .Net 4 12-21-2006 01:15 PM
findcontrol("PlaceHolderPrice") why why why why why why why why why why why Mr. SweatyFinger ASP .Net 2 12-02-2006 03:46 PM



Advertisments