Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Disable Safe Mode

Disable Safe Mode

Michael McFadden

My FF browser has been stuck in safe mode for a few days now and it won't
reset to its normal setting? What can I do?

Leonidas Jones

Michael McFadden wrote:
> My FF browser has been stuck in safe mode for a few days now and it won't
> reset to its normal setting? What can I do?

You don't mention your OS.

If on XP, CTRL/Alt/Delete, and bring up Task Manager. Kill any running
processes of firefox.exe you see.

Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox

Start in normal mode. Is is working?

Lee

Michael McFadden

Yes, I have XP and that worked like a charm. Many thanks
"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Cwomf.139111$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michael McFadden wrote:
>> My FF browser has been stuck in safe mode for a few days now and it won't
>> reset to its normal setting? What can I do?

> You don't mention your OS.
>
> If on XP, CTRL/Alt/Delete, and bring up Task Manager. Kill any running
> processes of firefox.exe you see.
>
> Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox
>
> Start in normal mode. Is is working?
>
> Lee

6-d 6-d is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I'm thankful that I found this thread. I'm having the same problem with Firefox 2. I've tried opening task manager and killing firefox.exe that way and it hasn't worked.

Does anyone know of the solution? (I thought it was strange that searching for "safe mode" in firefox help yielded 0 results...)

How to Disable Safe Mode? test MCSE 32 11-27-2008 07:07 PM
How to Disable Safe Mode? test MCSA 0 10-31-2005 06:11 AM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
adware different in safe mode and normal mode?? Ladydeb Computer Support 0 09-24-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments