Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon PS A70 vs A75

Canon PS A70 vs A75

Bruce

Hi,

My daughter is looking for her first digital camera. We did a side by
side comparison of the Canon PowerShot A70 and A75 at dpreview,

http://tinyurl.com/5z34z

but the only difference we saw was the A75 came with a larger LCD (1.5"
vs 1.8") and a 16MB larger CF memory card.

The A70 has a full review that rates it a very good value. Does the A75
perform just as well?

She's also considering the Nikon Coolpix 3200.

Thanks,
Bruce

Jerry

What was the price on those A70's and A75's?

Jerry

chibitul

In article <Xns9537BC6BEAD50parcxmannetscapenet@63.240.76.16> ,
Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My daughter is looking for her first digital camera. We did a side by
> side comparison of the Canon PowerShot A70 and A75 at dpreview,

[snip]
> She's also considering the Nikon Coolpix 3200.

I purchased a Nikon 3200 for a friend, and I found it *too small* for my
hands (and I've got small hands!). on the other hand, (pun not
intended), a Canon A70 seemed fine. Make sure your doughter handles all
three cameras before making a purchase!

drs@canby.com

I have an A75 and love it. And I'm very impressed with the battery
longevity. Still on the same 4 batteries from July 5 (now 31st) and
have taken hundreds of photos.

Here's a Canon website that has useful info:
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/psa75/index-e.html

Dale

Dave Busch

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:31:08 GMT, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My daughter is looking for her first digital camera. We did a side by
>side comparison of the Canon PowerShot A70 and A75 at dpreview,
>
>http://tinyurl.com/5z34z
>
>but the only difference we saw was the A75 came with a larger LCD (1.5"
>vs 1.8") and a 16MB larger CF memory card.
>
>The A70 has a full review that rates it a very good value. Does the A75
>perform just as well?
>
>She's also considering the Nikon Coolpix 3200.
>
>Thanks,
>Bruce

Your own features needs will be the decision-maker, but I used the A75
and the Nikon3200 for about a month each and liked the A75 better.

Not that it will be much help, but here are photos of my mailbox taken
with each:

http://www.dbusch.com/d/CanonA75.jpg

http://www.dbusch.com/d/Nikon3200.jpg

I haven't analyzed these, but I think the quality's better on the
Canon.