Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Photo burning in Asia

Digital Photo burning in Asia

Matthew

Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
- particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
cafe?

Dieter Aaaa

"Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
> - particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
> cafe?

sure, they do
not all, but certainly more than in most european cities

Years ago, on my tours in Asia, I went to photo studio's
Later I went to small internet shops (there are more internet shops, faster
service, quality is the same)
Nowadays, I have some friends in many places in Asia. They burn my
flashcards on a CD.

Why don't you take your laptop with you ?

nesredep egrob

On 30 Jul 2004 11:39:20 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Matthew) wrote:

>Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
>- particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
>cafe?

Surely they must. I was in Kuching, Borneo 1 month ago and I had my 32 mb burnt
and tested before I formatted.

B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp
http://www.members.iinet.net.au/borge

Mike

Bangkok is VERY advanced in the field of technology. IIRC Nikon and Fuji
have major bases in Thailand - you won't have any problem at all with this -
look for Panthip Plaza, you'll be amazed!
http://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/panthip/

"Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
> - particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
> cafe?

Sister Mary Mary Quite Contrary

On 30 Jul 2004 11:39:20 -0700 (E-Mail Removed) (Matthew) wrote:

>Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
>- particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
>cafe?

Any reasoably touristy area should have many choices. Try the bigger KODAK
or FUJI places - the sign usually says "Digital Image Studio" or similar
underneath the logo. Printing or transfer to CD. Some will even give you a
bonus virus on your flash card. No problem in the camera but take care when
connecting to a computer.

Sister Mary, Mary Quite Contrary, OPI
mmqc @ convent.opi

PeterL

"Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
> - particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
> cafe?

Bangkok for sure. Don't know about Medan.