Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 7dayshop - now with VAT

7dayshop - now with VAT

Doug Weller

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:55:08 +0100, Simon Pleasants wrote:

> Why bother with mail order? Go into Jessops, pick up the A75 and tell
> them you saw it on Warehouse Express for 159 (or ebuyer) and they
> will price match it. I haven't paid Jessops in store price for a long
> time.
>
> Of course they don't price match EVERYONE, most notably Pixmania (who
> are generally about the same price as Warehouse Express anyway) and
> they will factor in delivery charges as well as list price. It also
> involves a longer wait at the shop as they go and check the WE price
> (or whoever) but you get to walk away with your product there and
> then, no waiting for the post and if there's a problem you have a
> counter to bang on and a manager you can demand to see.

Exactly. I was even warned off a more expensive camera by the woman helping
us. Jessops is great.

Doug

Simon Pleasants

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:11:35 +0100, Doug Weller
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Exactly. I was even warned off a more expensive camera by the woman helping
>us. Jessops is great.

Did it again at the weekend. They couldn't match the 290 I had seen
online (their price was 350) so they gave me it for 310 and through
in a free camera bag (of our choice which was worth 10).

So instead of waiting until AJ Electronics got it back in stock I paid
an extra 20 and got a free bag and walked away with it there and
then. I also got to handle and use the product before I bought it and
ask questions of someone who has a good overview of other possible
alternatives.

Of course some staff are better than others and some stores are better
than others. My past dealings with this particular member of staff
have led me to believe she does know what she's talking about.