Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > S1 firmware upgrade again

S1 firmware upgrade again

SleeperMan

Just one thing i noticed:
in this new firmware is picture showing (moving) while focusing is taking
action. That's OK, but only if AF mode is selected "continous". If you
select single mode, then picture still freezes while focusing...
Is this a bug or what?

Sny

SleeperMan wrote:

> Just one thing i noticed:
> in this new firmware is picture showing (moving) while focusing is taking
> action. That's OK, but only if AF mode is selected "continous". If you
> select single mode, then picture still freezes while focusing...
> Is this a bug or what?

I think this is how it was supposed to work, that is why the firmware
update was so soon after camera release.

--

QUIPd 1.02: (33 of 679)
-> "Of all of our fossil fuel uses, automobile travel is the least

My photo albums: http://www.pbase.com/sny

SleeperMan

Sny typed:

> SleeperMan wrote:
>
>> Just one thing i noticed:
>> in this new firmware is picture showing (moving) while focusing is
>> taking action. That's OK, but only if AF mode is selected
>> "continous". If you select single mode, then picture still freezes
>> while focusing...
>> Is this a bug or what?

> I think this is how it was supposed to work, that is why the firmware
> update was so soon after camera release.

Maybe...however, this update was released mainly because of that freezing. I
really don't know, why they could even let go a camera with such big
mistake. But, if they claim they solved it, it would be nice if they'd solve
100%, not just 50. In any case, it's good update---also focusing in low
light is now much improved.