Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Inappropriate - make that stupid - use of flash at events

Inappropriate - make that stupid - use of flash at events

Roger Stone

JJD wrote:

> Still, I think the answer to your one is that there are many compact
> cameras that either don't give the option to turn the flash off, or
> that option requires reading of the operator's manual. Most people
> just don't care that much.

It's hard to believe the option's not there - even the US$2.99
disposable camera we got my 4-year-old had a switch for the flash. And
he knew how to use it. Er, he didn't read the manual though, give him
another year or so... But he does care a great deal about the flash
setting; he likes to have it on ALL THE TIME. Hm, might be on to
something there...

Marvin Margoshes

"Anthony Buckland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
JJD wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:15:57 -0400, BillyJoeJimBob
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

How many folks who purchase consumer compact cameras, digital or
otherwise, do you think actually follow the principles of RTFM?
Keep in mind that an even greater number of the folks attending
the Olympic celebrations probably have VCRs at home with the time
blinking 12:00... pretty scary when you think about it.Help has arrived. My DVD-VHS player sets its clock each time I turn it on, from information in the TV signal.

You mean it . . . does something else?

JJD

Yup, it can take _pictures_ . Of the Olympics. Properly exposed.
_MOVING_. When you're not even there!

Michael Meissner

"Marvin Margoshes" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Anthony Buckland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JJD wrote:
>
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:15:57 -0400, BillyJoeJimBob
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> How many folks who purchase consumer compact cameras, digital or
> otherwise, do you think actually follow the principles of RTFM?
> Keep in mind that an even greater number of the folks attending
> the Olympic celebrations probably have VCRs at home with the time
> blinking 12:00... pretty scary when you think about it.Help has arrived. My
> DVD-VHS player sets its clock each time I turn it on, from information in the
> TV signal.
>
> You mean it . . . does something else?

Yeah, as the old joke goes, after daylight savings time goes into effect, it
blinks 1:00 instead of 12:00

--
Michael Meissner
http://www.the-meissners.org

Marvin Margoshes

"Michael Meissner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-meissners.org...
> "Marvin Margoshes" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > "Anthony Buckland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > JJD wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:15:57 -0400, BillyJoeJimBob
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > How many folks who purchase consumer compact cameras, digital or
> > otherwise, do you think actually follow the principles of RTFM?
> > Keep in mind that an even greater number of the folks attending
> > the Olympic celebrations probably have VCRs at home with the time
> > blinking 12:00... pretty scary when you think about it.Help has

arrived. My
> > DVD-VHS player sets its clock each time I turn it on, from information

in the
> > TV signal.
> >
> > You mean it . . . does something else?

> Yeah, as the old joke goes, after daylight savings time goes into effect,

it
> blinks 1:00 instead of 12:00

But, either way, it is right twice every day.

> --
> Michael Meissner
> email: (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.the-meissners.org

Azzz1588

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Adam Henry
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>what do you expect? they are democrats. they are barely able to tie
>their shoes without the help of govt let alone work a camera.

Even the sandal wearing ones are looking to the govt for help..........

make RE more cleaver to avoid inappropriate : sre_constants.error: redefinition of group name aspineux Python 5 03-30-2007 04:19 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
ENERGIS ABUSE TICKET : 1636944 Inappropriate Usenet Posting - ????? English Patient Computer Support 13 10-07-2004 11:46 PM

Advertisments