Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > prints from Nikon D70 RAW files - Sharpening + Tone question

prints from Nikon D70 RAW files - Sharpening + Tone question

Pat

Hello Everybody,

I have been playing with the Nikon D70 RAW files to get the best
possible prints. I have some good prints from the pro film and I am
trying to get results closer to the film prints. I use a good pro lab
to get the digital prints.

In Nikon Capture 4 (or in camera), you can have:

Sharpening: Auto, -2 to +2, None (auto, normal,low, medium low,medium
high and high )
Tone comp: Auto, -2 to +2, Custom

1) I am intersted to know what kind of Sharpening and Tone settings
Nikon D70 users working with Nikon Capture 4 on RAW files prefer to
get good prints.

2) Also, what other parameters like while balance etc. you play with
before printing?

Will greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Pat