Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > waterproof cameras??

waterproof cameras??

Andrea

I need a water resistant camera not very expensive, what good options
I can find in the market??

Andrea
http://www.youwager.com

Michael Meissner

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Andrea) writes:

> I need a water resistant camera not very expensive, what good options
> I can find in the market??

The Olympus stylus advertises a water resistant camera. My mother in law
bought one and returned it because she couldn't use the small LCD screen. I
didn't actually use it, but the screen is about the same size as most other
cameras of its ilk (other than the Sony T1).

There is something to be said for using a large zip-loc (TM) or equivalent
plastic bag Or get an aquapak (http://www.aquapac.net/).

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

nellybly

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Andrea
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I need a water resistant camera not very expensive, what good options
> I can find in the market??
>
> Andrea
> http://www.youwager.com

Steve's Digicams has revies on WR and underwater cameras here:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_wr.html .
I have a Pentax 43wr that I am very happy with.
HTH,
NB

Sabineellen

>Steve's Digicams has revies on WR and underwater cameras here:
>http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_wr.html .
>I have a Pentax 43wr that I am very happy with.
>HTH,
>NB

Hey i'm curious about the pentax 43wr... is it shock resistant too? is the
casing metal or plastic?

nellybly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Sabineellen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hey i'm curious about the pentax 43wr... is it shock resistant too? is the
> casing metal or plastic?

It's plastic with rubber corners.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...43wr_qtvr.html
It seems pretty rugged to me, but I have never dropped it. There are
quite a few folks in the dpreview forums that take the camera white
water rafting, and it seems to survive pretty rough treatment.
NB

Your-nice

Canon sure shot A1 I use one in my pool it a fixed lens and ok down to
about 5 meters ,cost under 100

"Andrea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I need a water resistant camera not very expensive, what good options
> I can find in the market??
>
> Andrea
> http://www.youwager.com

Andrea

Yes I forgot that it should be shock resistant too. I train dogs so I
need to take pictures outside when its rainning (Costa Rica always
rains) and it could happend that I drop it because a dog jumps on me
or something ...

Andrea
http://www.youwager.com

Sabineellen

consider the pentax 43wr

Andrea

(E-Mail Removed) (Sabineellen) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> consider the pentax 43wr

Hey! I found this: canon WP-DC800 waterproof case $240 www.canousa.com,
but I'll have to buy a canon

Andrea
http://www.youwager.com

JK

nellybly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:260720041547218420%(E-Mail Removed):

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Sabineellen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hey i'm curious about the pentax 43wr... is it shock resistant too?
>> is the casing metal or plastic?

> It's plastic with rubber corners.
> http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...43wr_qtvr.html
> It seems pretty rugged to me, but I have never dropped it. There are
> quite a few folks in the dpreview forums that take the camera white
> water rafting, and it seems to survive pretty rough treatment.
> NB

I'm curious too. I want to get a digital before I go travelling around
Central America for 6 months. I Could do with something that would cope
with changing weather conditions, humidity, beaches, being knocked about in
a rucksack etc. I was thinking of the new Canon S60 but am worried about
it's ability to cope in such conditions.

Re the Pentax 43WR, what are your opinions of picture quality and battery
life?

JK

Waterproof case for A570IS or Waterproof Camera SMS Digital Photography 2 01-22-2010 05:19 AM
Waterproof Bluecob Digital Photography 8 11-25-2003 09:42 AM
Canon WP-DC800 waterproof case for PowerShot 400 camera D. Bennett Digital Photography 14 11-07-2003 07:14 AM
Keeping Waterproof Case Lens Glass Free From Water Drops Splat Digital Photography 2 08-24-2003 10:25 PM
canon waterproof case for s45/s50 Kev Richards Digital Photography 1 08-15-2003 10:35 PM

Advertisments