Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless adapter/router?

wireless adapter/router?

Mike Roberts

is there such a device that will recieve a wireless signal say from a
hotspot, as well as be a wireless router to then distribute that
recieved signal to my lan? does an access point just recieve any signal
then send it out again to boost range? is there such a thing as an
access point or even better a device as i described first, that is a
"high gain" reciever?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
There are variety of Wireless Devices that can be configured to variety of
Modes.
See here, http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
What you are talking about might be called a Repeater, or and WDS.
It depends on what precisely you would like to do, and what is the nature of
your specific source.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:elKlf.24334$(E-Mail Removed). com...