Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: The Rev Returns!

Re: The Rev Returns!

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=

Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:

> Salutations to All!
>
> It is good to be back from a tiring, yet splendid, journey across Europe.
>
> I hope all are well and you have all had a very productive week. I am
> pleased to note that all my favourite froups have been very busy indeed,
> giving me plenty of work today.
>
> The catchup begins here!
>
> May The Parsnip Treat You Warmly!
>
> (and I need to learn how to type quickly again. My fingers seem to have
> forgotten how to type...)

Welcome back!

--
http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

From: Lionel <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.policy
Subject: Re: [Request for comments] Proposed methods for minimising
abuse from anonymous gateways.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

There is a *reason* why people have been increasingly abandoning Usenet
for web-fora, et al, & this sort of crap is a major part of it. I've
even considered it myself, & I'm a hardcore news-junkie. The levels of
personal, professional, & RL harassment people have been receiving in
rec.photo.* have been truly mind-boggling, & I'm astounded that nobody
has yet launched legal action against Google, the mail2news gateways or
their peers.

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 25 Jul
2004...

> Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
>>
>> Salutations to All!
>>
>> It is good to be back from a tiring, yet splendid, journey across
>> Europe.
>>
>> I hope all are well and you have all had a very productive week. I am
>> pleased to note that all my favourite froups have been very busy
>> indeed, giving me plenty of work today.
>>
>> The catchup begins here!
>>
>> May The Parsnip Treat You Warmly!
>>
>> (and I need to learn how to type quickly again. My fingers seem to have
>> forgotten how to type...)

> Welcome back!

It is good to be home. And yet, it's not at the same time. How strange.

--

Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:

> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 25 Jul
> 2004...
>
> > Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
> >>
> >> Salutations to All!
> >>
> >> It is good to be back from a tiring, yet splendid, journey across
> >> Europe.
> >>
> >> I hope all are well and you have all had a very productive week. I am
> >> pleased to note that all my favourite froups have been very busy
> >> indeed, giving me plenty of work today.
> >>
> >> The catchup begins here!
> >>
> >> May The Parsnip Treat You Warmly!
> >>
> >> (and I need to learn how to type quickly again. My fingers seem to have
> >> forgotten how to type...)

> > Welcome back!

> It is good to be home. And yet, it's not at the same time. How strange.

You need a drink.

> --
> The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
> VISIT ME ONLINE AT: http://peterparsnip.blogspot.com/
>
> "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with
> the rod, he shall not die." -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)

--
http://news2web.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb...m=270931&utag=

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

From: Lionel <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.policy
abuse from anonymous gateways.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

There is a *reason* why people have been increasingly abandoning Usenet
for web-fora, et al, & this sort of crap is a major part of it. I've
even considered it myself, & I'm a hardcore news-junkie. The levels of
personal, professional, & RL harassment people have been receiving in
rec.photo.* have been truly mind-boggling, & I'm astounded that nobody
has yet launched legal action against Google, the mail2news gateways or
their peers.

Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
2004...

> Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
>>
>> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 25 Jul
>> 2004...

>> > Welcome back!

>> It is good to be home. And yet, it's not at the same time. How strange.

> You need a drink.

Good idea. Any suggestions?

--

Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:

> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
> 2004...
>
> > Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
> >>
> >> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 25 Jul
> >> 2004...

> >> It is good to be home. And yet, it's not at the same time. How strange.

> > You need a drink.

> Good idea. Any suggestions?

Stole Screwdriver.

> --
> The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
> VISIT ME ONLINE AT: http://peterparsnip.blogspot.com/
>
> "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with
> the rod, he shall not die." -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)

--
http://news2web.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb...m=270931&utag=

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

From: Lionel <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.policy
abuse from anonymous gateways.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

There is a *reason* why people have been increasingly abandoning Usenet
for web-fora, et al, & this sort of crap is a major part of it. I've
even considered it myself, & I'm a hardcore news-junkie. The levels of
personal, professional, & RL harassment people have been receiving in
rec.photo.* have been truly mind-boggling, & I'm astounded that nobody
has yet launched legal action against Google, the mail2news gateways or
their peers.

Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
2004...

> Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
>>
>> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
>> 2004...

>> > You need a drink.

>> Good idea. Any suggestions?

> Stole Screwdriver.

Is that a drink?

--

Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:

> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
> 2004...
>
> > Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
> >>
> >> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
> >> 2004...

> >> Good idea. Any suggestions?

> > Stole Screwdriver.

> Is that a drink?

Yes, it is.

> --
> The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
> VISIT ME ONLINE AT: http://peterparsnip.blogspot.com/
>
> "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with
> the rod, he shall not die." -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)

--
http://news2web.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb...m=270931&utag=

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

From: Lionel <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.policy
abuse from anonymous gateways.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

There is a *reason* why people have been increasingly abandoning Usenet
for web-fora, et al, & this sort of crap is a major part of it. I've
even considered it myself, & I'm a hardcore news-junkie. The levels of
personal, professional, & RL harassment people have been receiving in
rec.photo.* have been truly mind-boggling, & I'm astounded that nobody
has yet launched legal action against Google, the mail2news gateways or
their peers.

Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 29 Jul
2004...

> Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
>>
>> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
>> 2004...

>> > Stole Screwdriver.

>> Is that a drink?

> Yes, it is.

I'll have five then.

--

Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:

> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 29 Jul
> 2004...
>
> > Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
> >>
> >> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 28 Jul
> >> 2004...

> >> Is that a drink?

> > Yes, it is.

> I'll have five then.

At once or consecutively?

> --
> The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
> VISIT ME ONLINE AT: http://peterparsnip.blogspot.com/
>
> "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with
> the rod, he shall not die." -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)

--
http://news2web.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb...m=270931&utag=

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

From: Lionel <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.policy
abuse from anonymous gateways.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

There is a *reason* why people have been increasingly abandoning Usenet
for web-fora, et al, & this sort of crap is a major part of it. I've
even considered it myself, & I'm a hardcore news-junkie. The levels of
personal, professional, & RL harassment people have been receiving in
rec.photo.* have been truly mind-boggling, & I'm astounded that nobody
has yet launched legal action against Google, the mail2news gateways or
their peers.

Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 31 Jul
2004...

> Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
>>
>> Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 29 Jul
>> 2004...

>> > Yes, it is.

>> I'll have five then.

> At once or consecutively?

Consecutively. I am getting too old for this.