Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 40" x 27" prints from 13.72MP

40" x 27" prints from 13.72MP

Georgette Preddy

Tom Scales

Let's see. We're supposed to evaluate the quality of a 27x40 print from a
small web image.

Huh?

Tom
"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

Roland Karlsson

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Let's see. We're supposed to evaluate the quality of a 27x40 print from a
> small web image.
>
> Huh?
>
> Tom
> "Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

The original is here:
http://www.pbase.com/image/30544207/original

And it is not in particular sharp. Of course, you can
make a 27x40 from any photo. It does not need to be
sharp to be large.

It is a bit pathetic with all the WOW comments in the Sigma
forum though. Don't they stop and think sometimes?

/Roland

Randall Ainsworth

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Georgette
Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

But your kiddie Sigma is only 3.4MP. But you don't notice the
typically crappy Sigma colors here because there's nothing to
standardize on (like a skin tone). I'll still put my 10D up against
your kiddie toy any day.

And aren't you the one always bitching about people not posting
full-sized images? Guess it's OK when you do it (or I should say,
point to others doing it).

Randall Ainsworth

In article <Xns9530AE8FA6E48klotjohan@130.133.1.4>, Roland Karlsson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It is a bit pathetic with all the WOW comments in the Sigma
> forum though. Don't they stop and think sometimes?

"Pathetic" and "Sigma" - now there's two words that belong together.

Georgette Preddy

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Let's see. We're supposed to evaluate the quality of a 27x40 print from a
> small web image.

Nope, just note the testimony that the 13.72MP SD10 is super sharp at
27x40". I have lots of SD9 24x36"'s that are stunning, sharper than
my 10D was at 8x10".

> Huh?
>
> Tom
> "Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

Tom Scales

Well, that's just bullshit.

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Let's see. We're supposed to evaluate the quality of a 27x40 print from

> > small web image.

> Nope, just note the testimony that the 13.72MP SD10 is super sharp at
> 27x40". I have lots of SD9 24x36"'s that are stunning, sharper than
> my 10D was at 8x10".
>
> > Huh?
> >
> > Tom
> > "Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

G. Innipig

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

A post from somebody who, with the greatest respect, can barely string
together a few words in English, and the Preddiot broadcasts it far and
wide. Get real Gormette.

Georgette Preddy

Randall Ainsworth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<240720040852426843%(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Georgette
> Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

> But your kiddie Sigma is only 3.4MP.

YES! 3.43 full color MPs!!!!

Next closest is the Kodak 14/c with only 3.3 full color MPs!!

> But you don't notice the
> typically crappy Sigma colors here because there's nothing to
> standardize on (like a skin tone). I'll still put my 10D up against
> your kiddie toy any day.

I had a 10D, it was no good.

> And aren't you the one always bitching about people not posting
> full-sized images? Guess it's OK when you do it (or I should say,
> point to others doing it).

A picture of a print??

Charles Schuler

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9647178

It's time to put this BS behind us.