Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Merging .mov files???

Merging .mov files???

Ron G

Anyone know of any freeware that will allow me to combine or merge the
..mov (Quicktime) files I make on my Oly 560D?????

Thanks.

Hans-Georg Michna

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:19:04 -0400, Ron G <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyone know of any freeware that will allow me to combine or merge the
>.mov (Quicktime) files I make on my Oly 560D?????

Ron,

doesn't QuickTime Pro do this? Alas, it's not free.

I use an old, abandoned program named QuickEdit for that. The
program keeps nagging me about registering though, and it is
quirky and has its share of bugs. If you want it nonetheless, I
can email it to you.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Ron G

Thanks very much for your input and offer Hans-Georg. I found a little
program called Movie Joiner at http://movietoolbox.com/joiner/ which
works perfectly. In the 'try' mode one can combine three files at a time
-- in many different modes. It has worked perfectly and if it keeps
doing so will probably purchase the upgrade.

/ron

Hans-Georg Michna wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:19:04 -0400, Ron G <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Anyone know of any freeware that will allow me to combine or merge the
>>.mov (Quicktime) files I make on my Oly 560D?????

> Ron,
>
> doesn't QuickTime Pro do this? Alas, it's not free.
>
> I use an old, abandoned program named QuickEdit for that. The
> program keeps nagging me about registering though, and it is
> quirky and has its share of bugs. If you want it nonetheless, I
> can email it to you.
>
> Hans-Georg

Hans-Georg Michna

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:31:13 -0400, Ron G <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thanks very much for your input and offer Hans-Georg. I found a little
>program called Movie Joiner at http://movietoolbox.com/joiner/ which
>works perfectly. In the 'try' mode one can combine three files at a time
>-- in many different modes. It has worked perfectly and if it keeps
>doing so will probably purchase the upgrade.

/ron,

interesting hint. I'll look at it too.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Wouter Wessels

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ron G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone know of any freeware that will allow me to combine or merge the
> .mov (Quicktime) files I make on my Oly 560D?????
>
> Thanks.

iMovie does ... that comes free with every Mac.

If you are working on Windows ... indeed QuickTime Pro can merge .mov
files using the QuickTime Player. Maybe ... you don't need Pro for that.
Just have a go with eQuickTime Player. Just play one movy and (drag &)
drop the next file into that movie ...
If that does not work ... regitser QuickTime Pro for 29 US Dollars ...

Wouter

matthew_ matthew_ is offline
Junior Member

This was a pain because I didn't want to pay for anything like Quicktime Pro. This one finally did what I needed for free: http://www.free-video-joiner.com/download.html

merging two Thunderbird databases WCH Firefox 2 04-12-2006 03:03 PM
AVI Merging XhArD Software 24 11-04-2005 06:37 AM
Merging flash and slot PCMCIA. AM Cisco 0 07-25-2005 08:45 AM
Merging mail folders Tony Raven Firefox 2 12-04-2004 12:56 AM
Merging datasets Dan Cooper ASP .Net 2 01-28-2004 04:21 AM

Advertisments