Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless laptop connection setup

Wireless laptop connection setup

Wilma

I have the laptop, d-link wireless router & the cardbus. I am on ntl. Up to
now I have installed the cardbus driver, shut down pc & broadband
modem,connected the modem to the router, powered both on, inserted the
cardbus, started up the laptop. The laptop cannot find a wireless
connection. I have checked in Device Manager and it's there. I have shut
down my firewall to see if it was blocking the connection, all to no avail.
Has anyone any pointers that would lead me in the right direction
Thank you for any responses

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Wilma" <wilma@heavens gate.wot> wrote in message
newsNHlf.4542$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the laptop, d-link wireless router & the cardbus. I am on ntl. Up to
>now I have installed the cardbus driver, shut down pc & broadband
>modem,connected the modem to the router, powered both on, inserted the
>cardbus, started up the laptop. The laptop cannot find a wireless
>connection. I have checked in Device Manager and it's there. I have shut
>down my firewall to see if it was blocking the connection, all to no avail.
>Has anyone any pointers that would lead me in the right direction
> Thank you for any responses

Wilma

Tried those sites Jack. Still not getting a full connection. It connects on
and off. Thanks for the links.
news:%23ghcpR7%(E-Mail Removed)...