Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 7dayshop : don't buy anything of value at 7dayshop

7dayshop : don't buy anything of value at 7dayshop

Kokinho

I bought the minolta G400 16th July from 7dayshop. They
do seem to take an age for the delivery to come. I still have not got
it and 2 days ago looked out of interest on their website for the
G400. I noticed it is 134.90 now. So I sent them an email on their
contact us form (this is the only way, as their phone number service
has been removed). I basically put that I bought the camera for 5.10
more a couple of days ago and I don't believe it has been sent, can I
cancel or have the 5.10 refunded. I bought memory cards and batteries
from them in the past, so they could see I am regular. I wrote 3
paragraphs. Their response was one word "no", it took him 48 hours to
write this.

Next time if I want an electrical item, I will not buy from them. If
you ever need to send something back you have to send it to the
Channel Islands, even if it is their fault and the item is broken.
Along with this you can only get in contact with them on email who
takes 48hours to write one word response. On the form it says "rate
how useful this response was". As you can imagine I put 1, shame they
didn't have negative numbers.

The response i got from them seemed like it was written by some spotty
16 year old who failed his GCSEs. This is how you feel when dealing
with them. I had a delivery problem with them in the past and this was
again useless customer service.

The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

maz

Dont forget your vat/import duty too.

"Kokinho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I bought the minolta G400 16th July from 7dayshop. They
> do seem to take an age for the delivery to come. I still have not got
> it and 2 days ago looked out of interest on their website for the
> G400. I noticed it is 134.90 now. So I sent them an email on their
> contact us form (this is the only way, as their phone number service
> has been removed). I basically put that I bought the camera for 5.10
> more a couple of days ago and I don't believe it has been sent, can I
> cancel or have the 5.10 refunded. I bought memory cards and batteries
> from them in the past, so they could see I am regular. I wrote 3
> paragraphs. Their response was one word "no", it took him 48 hours to
> write this.
>
> Next time if I want an electrical item, I will not buy from them. If
> you ever need to send something back you have to send it to the
> Channel Islands, even if it is their fault and the item is broken.
> Along with this you can only get in contact with them on email who
> takes 48hours to write one word response. On the form it says "rate
> how useful this response was". As you can imagine I put 1, shame they
> didn't have negative numbers.
>
> The response i got from them seemed like it was written by some spotty
> 16 year old who failed his GCSEs. This is how you feel when dealing
> with them. I had a delivery problem with them in the past and this was
> again useless customer service.
>
> The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

Arty Phacting

and smuggling is an illegal act

Arty

"maz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4100fc10$1$6451$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dont forget your vat/import duty too.
>

> "Kokinho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I bought the minolta G400 16th July from 7dayshop. They
> > do seem to take an age for the delivery to come. I still have not got
> > it and 2 days ago looked out of interest on their website for the
> > G400. I noticed it is 134.90 now. So I sent them an email on their
> > contact us form (this is the only way, as their phone number service
> > has been removed). I basically put that I bought the camera for 5.10
> > more a couple of days ago and I don't believe it has been sent, can I
> > cancel or have the 5.10 refunded. I bought memory cards and batteries
> > from them in the past, so they could see I am regular. I wrote 3
> > paragraphs. Their response was one word "no", it took him 48 hours to
> > write this.
> >
> > Next time if I want an electrical item, I will not buy from them. If
> > you ever need to send something back you have to send it to the
> > Channel Islands, even if it is their fault and the item is broken.
> > Along with this you can only get in contact with them on email who
> > takes 48hours to write one word response. On the form it says "rate
> > how useful this response was". As you can imagine I put 1, shame they
> > didn't have negative numbers.
> >
> > The response i got from them seemed like it was written by some spotty
> > 16 year old who failed his GCSEs. This is how you feel when dealing
> > with them. I had a delivery problem with them in the past and this was
> > again useless customer service.
> >
> > The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

Sabineellen

>The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

Maybe 3 paragraphs over 5.10 out of 140 wanting to cancel or refund was too
much. They are busy traders, i'd assume, and had i been a busy trader I
would've been extremely annoyed with customers who'd do this thing, especially
when they are already getting it at a less-than-elsewhere price, and especially
when they go on usenet and say blanket statement such as "don't buy from
7dayshop!", despite their previous satisfaction.

The item was probably already on its way to to you. Prices are dropping all the
time and you agreed to the price at which you bought the item, which I assume
was the best you could find then, and they probably didn't make a lot of profit
out of it compared to others. I think "no" is enough; you obviously seemed like
a time-waster to them and they are people trying to make a living. It would
help if you try to see things from the other side's perspective. I surely
wouldn't want to do business with you judging by this behaviour.

Zebedee

What a childish rant!

ejb

"Zebedee" < wrote
..
> What a childish rant!

I agree.

I bought a couple of 512 Mb C/F cards from them,and one was DOA.
I emailed them and rec'd a prompt reply asking me to return it.
I went on holiday for 3 weeks before sending it back,(I forgot !!!),less
than a week after returning it I rec'd a replacement.

I've never had a problem with them,that's why I shop there.

Zebedee

"ejb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cdr58b$l91$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I agree.
>
> I bought a couple of 512 Mb C/F cards from them,and one was DOA.
> I emailed them and rec'd a prompt reply asking me to return it.
> I went on holiday for 3 weeks before sending it back,(I forgot !!!),less
> than a week after returning it I rec'd a replacement.
>
> I've never had a problem with them,that's why I shop there.

Me too. I buy lots of memory cards from 7dayshop. I'm not happy about buying
bigger items online though or via mail order. I'd rather pay extra and have
somewhere I can just walk into in order to pop it on the counter and say
"broken. may I have a replacement" and walk away with a replacement. by the
time return postage is factored in, often the advantage has gone.

--
Yours

Zebedee

(Claiming asylum in an attempt
to escape paying his debts to
Dougal and Florence)

Your-nice

im happy with them and not bad prices either , spec,s and prices change
dayly these days its just what happens

"Kokinho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I bought the minolta G400 16th July from 7dayshop. They
> do seem to take an age for the delivery to come. I still have not got
> it and 2 days ago looked out of interest on their website for the
> G400. I noticed it is 134.90 now. So I sent them an email on their
> contact us form (this is the only way, as their phone number service
> has been removed). I basically put that I bought the camera for 5.10
> more a couple of days ago and I don't believe it has been sent, can I
> cancel or have the 5.10 refunded. I bought memory cards and batteries
> from them in the past, so they could see I am regular. I wrote 3
> paragraphs. Their response was one word "no", it took him 48 hours to
> write this.
>
> Next time if I want an electrical item, I will not buy from them. If
> you ever need to send something back you have to send it to the
> Channel Islands, even if it is their fault and the item is broken.
> Along with this you can only get in contact with them on email who
> takes 48hours to write one word response. On the form it says "rate
> how useful this response was". As you can imagine I put 1, shame they
> didn't have negative numbers.
>
> The response i got from them seemed like it was written by some spotty
> 16 year old who failed his GCSEs. This is how you feel when dealing
> with them. I had a delivery problem with them in the past and this was
> again useless customer service.
>
> The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

chris French

In message <YY7Mc.528$(E-Mail Removed)>, Arty Phacting
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>and smuggling is an illegal act

As you keep telling us....

Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
smuggling?

Zebedee

"chris French" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <YY7Mc.528$(E-Mail Removed)>, Arty Phacting
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >and smuggling is an illegal act

> As you keep telling us....
>
> Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
> smuggling?

Or legitimately going over to France with a van, loading it up with cheap
booze and bringing it back for a wedding party? Customs seem to have
impounded illegally the vehicles of many such people and it took a 3 year
battle through the european court to get restitution.