Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Mean value filter

Mean value filter

Weng Tianxiang

Hi,
1. I want to know how to deal with marginal data for mean value filter,
the pixels that cannot get full 9 neighboring pixels in general.

2. What is the best algorithm for mean value filter? Where is the
related paper?

3. what book is the best one describing under what conditions mean
value filter is useful?

Thank you.

Weng

Senthil

Hi,

You can to either take other values of that 3x3 block as zeros.
or you can intepolate the values using a interpolation filter.
and use it or u can replicate the values.

I have not seen any books for mean filtering but i have seen many
papers.
try yo se in citeseer.com