Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > add on Telextender for Olympus 5050

add on Telextender for Olympus 5050

Rick Miller

3x optical zoom is noce, but I'd really like more. Searching over the web
(ebay a lot) one finds so many choices, but in general:

1.7x from Olympus

2x extenders, digital optics, optex, other no-name types (some labelled
Hi-def)

3x kenko, digital optics, etc (some labelled Hi-def)

8x Crystalvue

Some reviews exist for a few, but much confusion remains. Most seem to be
able to avoid vigenetting at max zoom, so thats fine, others seem to have
poor focus or issues at the edges.

What I'd really like is a variable zoom from 2x to 8x but it doesn't seem to
exist (like it does for film SLR's).

Comments? Anyone happy with their cheapy 2x or 3x ?

Thanks!

Rick
Vancouver, Canada