Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wi-fi connection problems

Wi-fi connection problems

=?Utf-8?B?bHVpc3M=?=

Hi,
I am having a strange problem, and will try to be as descriptive as possible:

1 - I bought and installed a D-Link Router in my house;
2 - 2 desktop computers connect easily to the internet using this router;
3 - My laptop connects to the network and to the net - I can check this
because I have a Symmtime clock installed and it synchronizes when I click on
"Synch. now";
4 - Nevertheless, I cannot open neither webpages, nor e-mail (Outlook), nor
MSN;
5 - Also, I tried to update a the Wi-Fi adapter driver, and it seems that
the download was made - at least I received a message so stating, but I don't
know how to confirm this.

My laptop is a Compaq NX 7010, with a INTEL PRO / Wireless Lan 2100 3B Mini
PCI Adapter, and I really don't know what to do. I do need to use it to
connect to the net from thisd location, and would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

Luis Serpa

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help.
Wireless - Basic Configuration:
http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.htmlWireless
Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"luiss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am having a strange problem, and will try to be as descriptive as

possible:

> 1 - I bought and installed a D-Link Router in my house;
> 2 - 2 desktop computers connect easily to the internet using this router;
> 3 - My laptop connects to the network and to the net - I can check this
> because I have a Symmtime clock installed and it synchronizes when I click

on
> "Synch. now";
> 4 - Nevertheless, I cannot open neither webpages, nor e-mail (Outlook),

nor
> MSN;
> 5 - Also, I tried to update a the Wi-Fi adapter driver, and it seems that
> the download was made - at least I received a message so stating, but I

don't
> know how to confirm this.
>
> My laptop is a Compaq NX 7010, with a INTEL PRO / Wireless Lan 2100 3B

Mini
> PCI Adapter, and I really don't know what to do. I do need to use it to
> connect to the net from thisd location, and would appreciate your

assistance.

> Thanks
>
> Luis Serpa

=?Utf-8?B?bHVpc3M=?=

Jack, thanks.
Actually it didn't: I already had done what he says.
As a development: my e-mail now wor¨ks fine (Outlook), but I still have no
Browser (Explorer) nor MSN.

Thanks and regards

Luis