Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Raw Files

Canon Raw Files

Rich

Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).

Many thanks

--

Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

Rich

All outgoing mail is scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus.

Bill Hilton

>From: Rich http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
>Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).

If you can't find one and don't like the Canon software you might try the free
trial downloads from BreezeBrowser or Phase One Capture One. I'm using Capture
One with a Mark II and a 1Ds and it does a noticeably better job than the other
converters I've tried.

http://www.c1dslr.com/

Bill

Mark B.

news:M9xKc.64024$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
> Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
>
> Many thanks
>
> --
>
> Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
>
> Rich
>
> All outgoing mail is scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus.

There aren't any that work directly with PSP or Elements. I have both
Capture 1 DSLR (www.phaseone.com) and BreezeBrowser (www.breezesys.com),
they're both very good and have their own advantages & disadvantages. You
can download trial versions of both.

Mark

Rick

news:M9xKc.64024$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
> Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
>
> Many thanks
>
> --
>
> Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
>
> Rich

My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

Steve Hix

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:M9xKc.64024$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
> > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > --
> >
> > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
> >
> > Rich
> >

> My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

CS is how much?

Unfortunately, the plugin that permits opening RAW files doesn't work in
PS Elements.

Bill Hilton

>From: "Rick" (E-Mail Removed)

>My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

The poster didn't have CS, he had Elements.

Brian C. Baird

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)NVALID says...
> > My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

> CS is how much?

Upgrade from previous versions of Photoshop (even 4.01!) are under $200.
Otherwise, you're shelling out $800.

Mark B.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:M9xKc.64024$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
> > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > --
> >
> > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
> >
> > Rich
> >

> My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

The original post was asking about Elements.

Mark

Post Replies Here Please

Is there a raw file reader for Linux?

I have to search the net.

Thanks

Brian Sullivan

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:48:43 -0400, "Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:M9xKc.64024$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>> > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
>> > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
>> >
>> > Many thanks
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
>> >
>> > Rich
>> >

>> My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.
>>

>The original post was asking about Elements.
>
>Mark

It could be that the original poster may have been looking for a *decent* Canon RAW
solution without spending a huge amount of money...

give it time...give it time...