Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Google gives away Picasa photo software

Google gives away Picasa photo software

Arte Phacting

It's cool - downloaded & installed. Thank you for the news and link.

I notice that it does not look at ease with IPTC info entered in IrfanView -
unless I am doing something wrong of course.

Is Google gonna be the next B-I-G name in digital image processing software?

Someone has to cater for the predicted 40% increase in digital camera owners
over the next year.

If anyone has any tips about how to retain IPTC info please let me (& us?)
know

TIA

Artie

"Fuzzy Logic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Picasa. Everything you need to enjoy your digital photos in a single
> software product:
>
> Auto-transfer photos from your digital camera.
> Organize and find pictures in seconds.
> Edit, print, and share photos with ease.
> Create slideshows, order prints and more!
> The download itself contains only the Picasa software. Picasa will not
> uninstall other programs or add any non-Picasa programs or files to your
> computer.
>
> This software is Windows® compatible.
>
> Picasa works with the digital photo files on your PC to create a better,
> more organized viewing and editing experience. Picasa will not delete or
> move the location of pictures saved on your PC.
>
> http://www.picasa.com/google/

Bill Turlock

Fuzzy Logic wrote:

> Picasa. Everything you need to enjoy your digital photos in a single
> software product:
>
> Auto-transfer photos from your digital camera.
> Organize and find pictures in seconds.
> Edit, print, and share photos with ease.
> Create slideshows, order prints and more!
> The download itself contains only the Picasa software. Picasa will not
> uninstall other programs or add any non-Picasa programs or files to your
> computer.
>
> This software is Windows® compatible.
>
> Picasa works with the digital photo files on your PC to create a better,
> more organized viewing and editing experience. Picasa will not delete or
> move the location of pictures saved on your PC.
>
> http://www.picasa.com/google/

I read the EULA after d/l, found it too onerous--wanted to do its
own updates & stuff w/o my permission. Didn't install it,
deleted.

Bill