Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > canon d10 Good macro lense?

canon d10 Good macro lense?

ed

I just purchased the Canon D10 and I'm looking for advice on a decent
macro without spending $600 for a100mm canon lense.Any ideas or recs?
Thanks

Skip M

"ed" <yoeddie7 @hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just purchased the Canon D10 and I'm looking for advice on a decent
> macro without spending $600 for a100mm canon lense.Any ideas or recs?
> Thanks

Canon 50mm f2.5 Macro, Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro,Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma
50mm f2.8 and 105mm 2.8 Macro all have excellent reputations, and come in
under $500. These are all "true" macro, not just close focusing lenses,
giving you magnification ratios of between 2:1 and 1:1 (life-size). In fact
the two 50mm options are under $300, both give 2:1 (half life-size) images.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

YoYo

You spend $1600 or whatever on the Canon 10D but want to be cheap when it
comes to lenses??

Sorry not Logical

"ed" <yoeddie7 @hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just purchased the Canon D10 and I'm looking for advice on a decent
> macro without spending $600 for a100mm canon lense.Any ideas or recs?
> Thanks

Steve Hix

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
ed <yoeddie7 @hotmail.com> wrote:

> I just purchased the Canon D10 and I'm looking for advice on a decent
> macro without spending $600 for a100mm canon lense.Any ideas or recs?
> Thanks

Get the lens from a reputable dealer like B&H for $470, instead.

It really is an excellent lens.

grenner

Tamron 90mm Macro excellent 1:1 lens.

Greg
"ed" <yoeddie7 @hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just purchased the Canon D10 and I'm looking for advice on a decent
> macro without spending $600 for a100mm canon lense.Any ideas or recs?
> Thanks

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"YoYo" <(E-Mail Removed) your.business.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You spend $1600 or whatever on the Canon 10D but want to be cheap

when it
> comes to lenses??
>
> Sorry not Logical

Perhaps after spending $ 1600.00 there is not much left for anything
else.

Jimmy Smith

"YoYo" <(E-Mail Removed) your.business.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You spend $1600 or whatever on the Canon 10D but want to be cheap when it
> comes to lenses??
>
> Sorry not Logical

What are you? Beat up man?

> "ed" <yoeddie7 @hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just purchased the Canon D10 and I'm looking for advice on a decent
> > macro without spending $600 for a100mm canon lense.Any ideas or recs?
> > Thanks

Mark M

"YoYo" <(E-Mail Removed) your.business.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You spend $1600 or whatever on the Canon 10D but want to be cheap when it
> comes to lenses??
>
> Sorry not Logical

Sure it is!
He is slower to spend another big chunk...because he JUST SPENT a huge
chunk!

It always amazes me how people assume that when a person spends a large
amount...that this somehow makes it MORE LIKELY that they can continue to do
so.

The exact opposite would be the "logical" scenario.

"ed" <yoeddie7 @hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just purchased the Canon D10 and I'm looking for advice on a decent
> macro without spending $600 for a100mm canon lense.Any ideas or recs?
> Thanks

Charlie Self

Mark M writes:

>"YoYo" <(E-Mail Removed) your.business.com> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You spend $1600 or whatever on the Canon 10D but want to be cheap when it
>> comes to lenses??
>>
>> Sorry not Logical

>Sure it is!
>He is slower to spend another big chunk...because he JUST SPENT a huge
>chunk!
>
>It always amazes me how people assume that when a person spends a large
>amount...that this somehow makes it MORE LIKELY that they can continue to do
>so.
>
>The exact opposite would be the "logical" scenario.

Sure is for me. Just got the Pentax *istD. I want some more lenses to
supplement the 16-45, but they are going to wait for a bit. The coffers are
low.

Charlie Self
"When you appeal to force, there's one thing you must never do - lose." Dwight
D. Eisenhower

Jimmy Smith

"Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "YoYo" <(E-Mail Removed) your.business.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You spend $1600 or whatever on the Canon 10D but want to be cheap when

it
> > comes to lenses??
> >
> > Sorry not Logical

> Sure it is!
> He is slower to spend another big chunk...because he JUST SPENT a huge
> chunk!
>
> It always amazes me how people assume that when a person spends a large
> amount...that this somehow makes it MORE LIKELY that they can continue to

do
> so.
>
> The exact opposite would be the "logical" scenario.

This is very true and many of us need to hide these large purchases from our
wives

Jimmy