Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > green tinged borders on cromakey shots

green tinged borders on cromakey shots

Gene Palmiter

first of all....can you see the image from this link?
http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewImage...9&IID=51550760

I am not sure if my service allows this....so I need to test.

I am learning to shoot against a green screen background. But, skin and hair
that borders the green is taking on a green tinge. Using Photoshop CS...how
can I fix this. I think the cure is to have more lights so I can light the
background separately from the subject....but that will take more money than
I can put together right now.

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

Frank ess

Gene Palmiter wrote:
> first of all....can you see the image from this link?
> http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewImage...9&IID=51550760
>
> I am not sure if my service allows this....so I need to test.
>
> I am learning to shoot against a green screen background. But, skin
> and hair that borders the green is taking on a green tinge. Using
> Photoshop CS...how can I fix this. I think the cure is to have more
> lights so I can light the background separately from the
> subject....but that will take more money than I can put together
> right now.

It asks for a sign-in name, password.

I'd guess to eliminate green tinge the subject direct lighting must
overwhelm the reflectied (green) lighting reaching the subjects. Remove
the reflecting surface to a greater distance, move the subjects farther
from the green screen and closer to the main lighting?

Frank ess

DSphotog

"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k2GJc.59175$(E-Mail Removed)...
> first of all....can you see the image from this link?
> http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewImage...9&IID=51550760
>
> I am not sure if my service allows this....so I need to test.
>
> I am learning to shoot against a green screen background. But, skin and

hair
> that borders the green is taking on a green tinge. Using Photoshop

CS...how
> can I fix this. I think the cure is to have more lights so I can light the
> background separately from the subject....but that will take more money

than
> I can put together right now.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Gene Palmiter
> freebridge design group
> freebridge magazine

Gene,

There are programs out there that are specifically designed to work with
chroma key set up. They have filters designed to remove most of the fringing
that you're getting. They aren't cheap though.

Hope this helps,
Dave
Former resident of Allentown and Lower Nazareth