Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > where's Firefox 1.5 for British-English ? ( whinge, moan, whinge)

where's Firefox 1.5 for British-English ? ( whinge, moan, whinge)

falsename

lots of versions of Firefox are now out
but not British-English, which is stuck at 1.0.7

excuse me while I moan and whinge

moan, whinge, moan, whinge, rant, complain, whinge, moan

thank you for that
normal service will now resume
( when we find out what is "normal" anyway )

norm

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:44:10 +0000, falsename
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>lots of versions of Firefox are now out
>but not British-English, which is stuck at 1.0.7
>
>excuse me while I moan and whinge
>
>moan, whinge, moan, whinge, rant, complain, whinge, moan
>
>thank you for that
>normal service will now resume
>( when we find out what is "normal" anyway )

Couldnt find English - american either?

Leonidas Jones

norm wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:44:10 +0000, falsename
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> lots of versions of Firefox are now out
>> but not British-English, which is stuck at 1.0.7
>>
>> excuse me while I moan and whinge
>>
>> moan, whinge, moan, whinge, rant, complain, whinge, moan
>>
>> thank you for that
>> normal service will now resume
>> ( when we find out what is "normal" anyway )

> Couldnt find English - american either?

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Just click the download button. What's downloaded is en-us.

As I understand it, en-gb is due out in a second run of localizations,
hopefully before the end of this week, though don't quote me on it.

Lee

Jedi Fans

On 05/12/05 20:18, norm scribbled:
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:44:10 +0000, falsename
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> lots of versions of Firefox are now out
>> but not British-English, which is stuck at 1.0.7
>>
>> excuse me while I moan and whinge
>>
>> moan, whinge, moan, whinge, rant, complain, whinge, moan
>>
>> thank you for that
>> normal service will now resume
>> ( when we find out what is "normal" anyway )

> Couldnt find English - american either?

American English is a lot different to British English.

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC2,

Bryan Harrison

> American English is a lot different to British English.

Sure is. When they use "color" or "honor" I have no idea what they are
on about. "Faucet", "Diaper"? Help !!!

Bryan

Hendrik Maryns

Leonidas Jones schreef:
> norm wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:44:10 +0000, falsename
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> lots of versions of Firefox are now out
>>> but not British-English, which is stuck at 1.0.7
>>>
>>> excuse me while I moan and whinge
>>>
>>> moan, whinge, moan, whinge, rant, complain, whinge, moan
>>>
>>> thank you for that
>>> normal service will now resume
>>> ( when we find out what is "normal" anyway )

>> Couldnt find English - american either?

> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
>
> Just click the download button. What's downloaded is en-us.
>
> As I understand it, en-gb is due out in a second run of localizations,
> hopefully before the end of this week, though don't quote me on it.

Indeed there was a blocker bug that still needed to be fixed in en-GB,
due out soon.

--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

gwtc

Bryan Harrison wrote:

> > American English is a lot different to British English.
> >

> Sure is. When they use "color" or "honor" I have no idea what they are
> on about. "Faucet", "Diaper"? Help !!!
>

> Bryan

The one that gets me is the Bonnet and Boot on a car. Here in Canada
and the US we refer to them as the Hood and the Trunk.

falsename

gwtc wrote:
> Bryan Harrison wrote:
>
>> > American English is a lot different to British English.
>> >

>> Sure is. When they use "color" or "honor" I have no idea what they are
>> on about. "Faucet", "Diaper"? Help !!!
>>

>> Bryan
>>

> The one that gets me is the Bonnet and Boot on a car. Here in Canada
> and the US we refer to them as the Hood and the Trunk.

I refuse to use a language in which it is acceptable and normal
for men to wear "suspenders"...

Dustyfan nieuws

gwtc wrote:
> Bryan Harrison wrote:
>
>> > American English is a lot different to British English.
>> >

>> Sure is. When they use "color" or "honor" I have no idea what they are
>> on about. "Faucet", "Diaper"? Help !!!
>>

>> Bryan
>>

> The one that gets me is the Bonnet and Boot on a car. Here in Canada
> and the US we refer to them as the Hood and the Trunk.

I think this is really funny. My native language
is Dutch and I live in The Netherlands, but I
don't mind to read US-English or UK-English. To
me it's almost the same

Paula

Leonidas Jones

Dustyfan nieuws wrote:
> gwtc wrote:

>>> Sure is. When they use "color" or "honor" I have no idea what they
>>> are on about. "Faucet", "Diaper"? Help !!!
>>>

>>> Bryan
>>>

>> The one that gets me is the Bonnet and Boot on a car. Here in Canada
>> and the US we refer to them as the Hood and the Trunk.

> I think this is really funny. My native language is Dutch and I live in
> The Netherlands, but I don't mind to read US-English or UK-English. To
> me it's almost the same
>
> Paula

As the saying goes, "Two nations divided by a common language"!

Lee