Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Newbies? - Usenet don't need no steenking newbies!

Re: Newbies? - Usenet don't need no steenking newbies!

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=

Lionel wrote:

> Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> stated
> that:
>
> >"Henrietta K Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> [...]
> >> It's quite clear to me that Google neither
> >> understands or cares about Usenet. The
> >> archive is just another way for them to make
> >> money at our expense.

> >watch what else happens,
> >as Usenet sits on its hands
> >(picking their noses, scratching their bottoms,
> >rationalizing porno trolls as free speech)
> >*scram* newbies *SCAT!* *gidouttahere!* (

> <sarcasm: type=extreme>
> You betcha - because we all know how vitally important it is for Usenet
> to be a safe place for free, anonymous speech via unaccountable
> kook-servers & corporate behemoths than it is for people to be able to
> actually discuss boring, day to day topics without fear of online &
> real-life harassment.
> I mean, what kind of naive *fool* would come to Usenet to ask for tips
> on which digital camera would suit their needs, without first arranging
> for a Usenet expert to carefully craft them an anonymised identity, &
> school them on how to avoid giving away so much as a hint of their real
> life? Hell, if they're not prepared to expend a hundred times the effort
> required to sign up for a web forum, then by god, they're just not good
> enough for *my* Usenet!
> And if that's not bad enough, these pampered lightweights have the
> *audacity* to actually *complain* when their phone starts ringing in the
> middle of the night because some harmless prankster has posted a 'for
> sale' ad with their name & home phone number in it! Thank god that the
> operators of these services have the moral strength to tell these whiny
> idiots what they can do with their stupid complaints!
> And surely /any/ professional photographer would see the funny side of
> posts with their full, RL name on them, asking people to critique their
> photos - which then turn out to be hardcore gay porn concealed with a
> Tinyurl link? *chuckle* Best of all, that's one of those hilarious
> practical jokes that will keep on entertaining people for years in the
> future - any time a potential client does a Google search on the
> photographer who's bidding on a job for them. Hilarious!
> Gah! - I'll be *glad* when we're rid of those damn lusers & newbies, &
> we battle-scarred Usenet flame-war veterans *finally* have Usenet all to
> ourselves!
> </sarcasm>

*You* brought on all the trouble at rec.photo.digital by yourself and
*you* are the one whining through every news* and abuse group that will
put up with you.

Now, you want Google to change policy affecting millions of users
because *one* troll got under poor widdle Lionel's skin.

http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

From: Lionel <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.policy
Subject: Re: [Request for comments] Proposed methods for minimising
abuse from anonymous gateways.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

There is a *reason* why people have been increasingly abandoning Usenet
for web-fora, et al, & this sort of crap is a major part of it. I've
even considered it myself, & I'm a hardcore news-junkie. The levels of
personal, professional, & RL harassment people have been receiving in
rec.photo.* have been truly mind-boggling, & I'm astounded that nobody
has yet launched legal action against Google, the mail2news gateways or
their peers.

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

Wilbur

± <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Lionel wrote:
> >
> > Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> stated
> > that:
> >
> > >"Henrietta K Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> [...]
> > >
> > >watch what else happens,
> > >as Usenet sits on its hands
> > >(picking their noses, scratching their bottoms,
> > >rationalizing porno trolls as free speech)
> > >*scram* newbies *SCAT!* *gidouttahere!* (

> > <sarcasm: type=extreme>
> > You betcha - because we all know how vitally important it is for Usenet
> > to be a safe place for free, anonymous speech via unaccountable
> > kook-servers & corporate behemoths than it is for people to be able to
> > actually discuss boring, day to day topics without fear of online &
> > real-life harassment.
> > I mean, what kind of naive *fool* would come to Usenet to ask for tips
> > on which digital camera would suit their needs, without first arranging
> > for a Usenet expert to carefully craft them an anonymised identity, &
> > school them on how to avoid giving away so much as a hint of their real
> > life? Hell, if they're not prepared to expend a hundred times the effort
> > required to sign up for a web forum, then by god, they're just not good
> > enough for *my* Usenet!
> > And if that's not bad enough, these pampered lightweights have the
> > *audacity* to actually *complain* when their phone starts ringing in the
> > middle of the night because some harmless prankster has posted a 'for
> > sale' ad with their name & home phone number in it! Thank god that the
> > operators of these services have the moral strength to tell these whiny
> > idiots what they can do with their stupid complaints!
> > And surely /any/ professional photographer would see the funny side of
> > posts with their full, RL name on them, asking people to critique their
> > photos - which then turn out to be hardcore gay porn concealed with a
> > Tinyurl link? *chuckle* Best of all, that's one of those hilarious
> > practical jokes that will keep on entertaining people for years in the
> > future - any time a potential client does a Google search on the
> > photographer who's bidding on a job for them. Hilarious!
> > Gah! - I'll be *glad* when we're rid of those damn lusers & newbies, &
> > we battle-scarred Usenet flame-war veterans *finally* have Usenet all to
> > ourselves!
> > </sarcasm>

> *You* brought on all the trouble at rec.photo.digital by yourself and
> *you* are the one whining through every news* and abuse group that will
> put up with you.

None of those groups are putting up with him. He is being plonked left
and right. )))))

--
WW

.------,
=\ \
.---. =\ \
| WB \ =\ \
| `----------'------'----------,
.' .-.The Wright Brotherz .-.[]`-.
\ _/.____|_|______.------,______|_|_____)
/ /
=/ /
=/ /
=/ /
/_____,'

Soapy

± <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)

> Lionel wrote:
>>
>> Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> stated that:
>>
>> >"Henrietta K Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> [...]
>> >
>> >watch what else happens,
>> >as Usenet sits on its hands
>> >(picking their noses, scratching their bottoms,
>> >rationalizing porno trolls as free speech)
>> >*scram* newbies *SCAT!* *gidouttahere!* (

>> <sarcasm: type=extreme>
>> You betcha - because we all know how vitally important it is for
>> Usenet to be a safe place for free, anonymous speech via
>> unaccountable kook-servers & corporate behemoths than it is for
>> people to be able to actually discuss boring, day to day topics
>> without fear of online & real-life harassment.
>> I mean, what kind of naive *fool* would come to Usenet to ask
>> for tips
>> on which digital camera would suit their needs, without first
>> arranging for a Usenet expert to carefully craft them an
>> anonymised identity, & school them on how to avoid giving away so
>> much as a hint of their real life? Hell, if they're not prepared
>> to expend a hundred times the effort required to sign up for a
>> web forum, then by god, they're just not good enough for *my*
>> Usenet!
>> And if that's not bad enough, these pampered lightweights have
>> the
>> *audacity* to actually *complain* when their phone starts ringing
>> in the middle of the night because some harmless prankster has
>> posted a 'for sale' ad with their name & home phone number in it!
>> Thank god that the operators of these services have the moral
>> strength to tell these whiny idiots what they can do with their
>> stupid complaints!
>> And surely /any/ professional photographer would see the funny
>> side of
>> posts with their full, RL name on them, asking people to critique
>> their photos - which then turn out to be hardcore gay porn
>> concealed with a Tinyurl link? *chuckle* Best of all, that's one
>> of those hilarious practical jokes that will keep on entertaining
>> people for years in the future - any time a potential client
>> does a Google search on the photographer who's bidding on a job
>> for them. Hilarious!
>> Gah! - I'll be *glad* when we're rid of those damn lusers &
>> newbies, &
>> we battle-scarred Usenet flame-war veterans *finally* have Usenet
>> all to ourselves!
>> </sarcasm>

> *You* brought on all the trouble at rec.photo.digital by yourself
> and *you* are the one whining through every news* and abuse group
> that will put up with you.

Lionel's trying to blame everyone else for his problems.

> Now, you want Google to change policy affecting millions of users
> because *one* troll got under poor widdle Lionel's skin.

He wants to control usenet.

--