Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Image Tank

Image Tank

Bo

I have a Sony DSC-P5 digital camera and two 128MB memory sticks. I
will take a long trip to Europe and don't want to bring my laptop. I
have an external hard drive enclosure (20GB). Can I link the enclosure
to camera and back up photos onto the hard drive without a computer?

I also have a memory stick reader optical mouse. Since compact flash
cards are more popular than memory sticks, many image tanks don't read
memory sticks. Can image tanks get content through optical mouse
reader using USB connection?

How do I convert my enclosure into a image tank?

Arthur Small

You can not download from the camera to a HD with out a computer. There are
adapters for the IT that accept memory sticks.