Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > rebel 300d iso 100 vs nikon d70 iso 200

rebel 300d iso 100 vs nikon d70 iso 200

cohibakid

I am just wonder if there is a lot of image quality difference between
the two cameras at these settings?
thanks
Cohibakid

Matthias

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (cohibakid) writes:
> I am just wonder if there is a lot of image quality difference between
> the two cameras at these settings?
> thanks
> Cohibakid

The difference would be in the noise. On the bottom of
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/page14.asp
there's a graph comparing noise levels.

The difference between Rebel 100 and D70 200 is slightly smaller than
between D70 200 and D70 800. However, I've no idea how the axes are
scaled and what they actually measure.

Matthias

Arte Phacting

see the above post

it seems one supports and respects its customers far better than the other

Artie

"cohibakid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I am just wonder if there is a lot of image quality difference between
> the two cameras at these settings?
> thanks
> Cohibakid

Tom Scales

Pretty biased thread, don't you think?

D70 is a better camera than the 300d. Hands down.

That said, they're both fine cameras.

Tom
"Arte Phacting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZUhJc.939$(E-Mail Removed)...
> see the above post
>
> it seems one supports and respects its customers far better than the other
>
> Artie
>
> "cohibakid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > I am just wonder if there is a lot of image quality difference between
> > the two cameras at these settings?
> > thanks
> > Cohibakid

David J. Littleboy

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> D70 is a better camera than the 300d. Hands down.

In features, it kicks the 300D's butt. All the way across the playground and
out into the street. Splat! But it doesn't have the seriously low-noise ISO
100 the 300D does, and the weaker AA filter means that in exchange for
apparently sharper images you occassionally see some really ugly Moire. Very
occasionaly, I realize.

> That said, they're both fine cameras.

They're both flipping amazing cameras. My preference is for the 300D. But
the D70 features make it better for anyone who can use said features,
especially the much faster burst and continuous shooting rates. The D70 has
a nore useful kit lens as well.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan