Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best digital camera for me?

Best digital camera for me?

Randy Pavatte

Hi. I'm new to this site, and hope someone can offer me some advice.
I use a Webtv, and I understand some digital cameras are compatable with
my system, so long as they have an RCA video out plug.
What I'm wondering is, given the huge selection of these cameras on the
market now, which is the best I can get for use with my Webtv?
My only real intended use is to take detail pics of my hobby, building
plastic models.
I enjoy sharing pics of my completed projects with friends on the net.

I have a pretty good 35mm camera outfit, but it has proven to be too
complicated to work with for this purpose, and the results have been
very poor.

Any advice on this subject would be appreciated, and please feel free to
use "dumbed-down" terminology. I'm a rank novice so I won't mind.
Thank you very much.

Randy

PS: I want to stay within a realistic price point....maybe around $400?

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us
from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Ron Hunter

Randy Pavatte wrote:
> Hi. I'm new to this site, and hope someone can offer me some advice.
> I use a Webtv, and I understand some digital cameras are compatable with
> my system, so long as they have an RCA video out plug.
> What I'm wondering is, given the huge selection of these cameras on the
> market now, which is the best I can get for use with my Webtv?
> My only real intended use is to take detail pics of my hobby, building
> plastic models.
> I enjoy sharing pics of my completed projects with friends on the net.
>
> I have a pretty good 35mm camera outfit, but it has proven to be too
> complicated to work with for this purpose, and the results have been
> very poor.
>
> Any advice on this subject would be appreciated, and please feel free to
> use "dumbed-down" terminology. I'm a rank novice so I won't mind.
> Thank you very much.
>
> Randy
>
> PS: I want to stay within a realistic price point....maybe around $400?
>
> We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us
> from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

You should look at cameras with about 3-4 MP and a good closeup
capability. Other than that, most cameras would have the features you
require.

Dave Herzstein

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Randy Pavatte wrote:
> > Hi. I'm new to this site, and hope someone can offer me some advice.
> > I use a Webtv, and I understand some digital cameras are compatable with
> > my system, so long as they have an RCA video out plug.....

> You should look at cameras with about 3-4 MP and a good closeup
> capability. Other than that, most cameras would have the features you
> require.

If he's going to use the RCA-out plug, a 1 MP camera would be more than
adequate.

-Dave