Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > one big photo consists of many small photos

one big photo consists of many small photos

Jay Johnson

Hi all,
Sorry for the wordy subject line. I don't even know the proper term to
describe it. I am looking for a software that can put many photos and form
one big photo. Any idea?

JJ

Frank ess

Jay Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
> Sorry for the wordy subject line. I don't even know the proper term to
> describe it. I am looking for a software that can put many photos and
> form one big photo. Any idea?
>
> JJ
> (E-Mail Removed)

Here's a start:
http://home.earthlink.net/~wlhunt/Pr.../Programs.html

Frank ess

Frank ess wrote:
> Jay Johnson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Sorry for the wordy subject line. I don't even know the proper term
>> to describe it. I am looking for a software that can put many photos
>> and form one big photo. Any idea?
>>
>> JJ
>> (E-Mail Removed)

> Here's a start:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~wlhunt/Pr.../Programs.html

And a second step:
http://mazaika.tripod.com/maztutor/mosaictest.html

Frank ess

Frank ess wrote:
> Jay Johnson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Sorry for the wordy subject line. I don't even know the proper term
>> to describe it. I am looking for a software that can put many photos
>> and form one big photo. Any idea?
>>
>> JJ
>> (E-Mail Removed)

> Here's a start:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~wlhunt/Pr.../Programs.html

OK, here is one I whipped out with TYLER.EXE in just a few minutes, with
materials at hand:
http://www.fototime.com/3F0F9C333EBF4A3/orig.jpg

The view is of my famous Monument Valley photo, composed of photos of
naked women. I think the individual tiles are too small to be offensive.
Next time I would make it of a greater number of tiles (more resolution)
if I could find that many photos of naked ladies...

Bill Hilton

> I am looking for a software that can put many photos and form
>one big photo. Any idea?

graphicssoft.about.com/od/photomosaics/

Arcsoft has or had one called "PhotoMontage" or something like that. The
biggest problem with it was the lack of images for the tiles.

This is the guy who REALLY knows how to do it, Rob Silvers ... he did the
"Truman Show" poster and most of the Newsweek and Time magazine covers, for
example, but he hasn't commercialized his software. When he was at MIT he had
access to many terabytes of image files so his mosaics typically look much
better than you can do with the commercial software and limited images for
tiles

http://www.photomosaic.com/p/about.htm

Bill

Enric Vision