Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Good photo printing apps?

Good photo printing apps?

B. Jones

I'm sure this subject comes up from time to time but a quick google
search does not reveal any good answers.
I can't seem to find a good application for photo printing.
I know what you're going to say - upload them to walmart and let them
do the printing. That's all fine but there are times I want to just
print them out on the fly here at home. I have an HP 970Cse printer.
I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for image editing but it seems I can't find a
good app to print, say a 4x6 photo on HP's 4x6 paper with the
perforated tab.
I have to crop my photo from 2048x1536 to 2048x1365 (to get down to
the 6x4 ratio).
Even then, it seems like it's a lot of trial and error to get the
picture you want.
Anyone know of a good application that takes the guess-work out of
printing digital photos?

Roland Karlsson

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (B. Jones) wrote in news:e6ca440a.0407111534.5663fde9
@posting.google.com:

> I'm sure this subject comes up from time to time but a quick google
> search does not reveal any good answers.
> I can't seem to find a good application for photo printing.
> I know what you're going to say - upload them to walmart and let them
> do the printing. That's all fine but there are times I want to just
> print them out on the fly here at home. I have an HP 970Cse printer.
> I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for image editing but it seems I can't find a
> good app to print, say a 4x6 photo on HP's 4x6 paper with the
> perforated tab.
> I have to crop my photo from 2048x1536 to 2048x1365 (to get down to
> the 6x4 ratio).
> Even then, it seems like it's a lot of trial and error to get the
> picture you want.
> Anyone know of a good application that takes the guess-work out of
> printing digital photos?

Personally I use Qimage for printing. There you can easily
do the layout of the page. This application also has some nice
scaling algorithms if you want high quality bigger pictures.

/Roland

Mark B.

"Roland Karlsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Personally I use Qimage for printing. There you can easily
> do the layout of the page. This application also has some nice
> scaling algorithms if you want high quality bigger pictures.
>

> /Roland

I'll second the recommendation for Qimage. I also use it to create jpegs if
I go to Wal-Mart.

Mark

B. Jones

Thanks. Just downloaded the demo.
I'll give it a look.

Roland Karlsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > Personally I use Qimage for printing. There you can easily
> do the layout of the page. This application also has some nice
> scaling algorithms if you want high quality bigger pictures.
>

> /Roland

Natalia Blomeier

Hi,

Look at Print Pilot: