Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is Sigma's SD10 at ISO 1600 better than Canon's 1Ds at ISO 100?

Is Sigma's SD10 at ISO 1600 better than Canon's 1Ds at ISO 100?

Georgette Preddy

It certainly is too close...

http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original

If Sigma offered the same ISO 1250 option, the answer would definitely
be "yes!" at that setting.

Graeme

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> It certainly is too close...
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original
>
> If Sigma offered the same ISO 1250 option, the answer would definitely
> be "yes!" at that setting.

George/tte, why don't you scroll down in this page, past the grey patch ISO
sensitivity test and onto, well, the colors
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd10/page13.asp ?!

ferret

You really are an annoying little tosser

Randall Ainsworth

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Georgette
Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It certainly is too close...
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original
>
> If Sigma offered the same ISO 1250 option, the answer would definitely
> be "yes!" at that setting.

Get a clue, George.

Georgette Preddy

Randall Ainsworth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<110720040922373510%(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Georgette
> Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > It certainly is too close...
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original
> >
> > If Sigma offered the same ISO 1250 option, the answer would definitely
> > be "yes!" at that setting.

> Get a clue, George.

Get a chart that doesn't clearly show the 1Ds is worse at ISO 100 than
the SD10 is at ISO 1600.

Georgette Preddy

"Graeme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > It certainly is too close...
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original
> >
> > If Sigma offered the same ISO 1250 option, the answer would definitely
> > be "yes!" at that setting.

> George/tte, why don't you scroll down in this page, past the grey patch ISO
> sensitivity test and onto, well, the colors
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd10/page13.asp ?!

That is a noisy Canon DSLR, but it's not the 1Ds.

Graeme

> That is a noisy Canon DSLR, but it's not the 1Ds.

That wasn't my point. Did you scroll down and see the Sigma's colors?

Bart van der Wolf

"Graeme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > That is a noisy Canon DSLR, but it's not the 1Ds.

> That wasn't my point. Did you scroll down and see the Sigma's colors?

Since Steve Giovenella (hiding behind his GP moniker) is to stupid to
understand your question, here it is:
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SigmaSD10/Samples/ISO/lumi_graph.gif> .

Bart

Bart van der Wolf

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
SNIP
> Get a chart that doesn't clearly show the 1Ds is worse at
> ISO 100 than the SD10 is at ISO 1600.

Problems with your double-negatives?
Indeed, there are only charts that show that the 1Ds is better at ISO 100,
and all the way up to 1250 it is still better than the SD-10.

<http://img.dpreview.com/reviews/Cano...ance-graph.gif

1Ds at ISO 100 has 1.2 luminance standard deviation, and the SD-10 has:
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SigmaSD10/Samples/ISO/lumi_graph.gif>
4.2 luminance standard deviation.

What's more the SD-10 also misrepresents even more red colors as the ISO is
increased:
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Sigm...d10_iso1600.jp
g> .

JPS@no.komm

In message <40f2bbe5$0$563$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
"Bart van der Wolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Since Steve Giovenella

It's "Giovanella"; two 'a's and one 'e'.
--

John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>