Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > online albums/printing services

online albums/printing services

Bluenose

Last weekend, I shot a hundred or so high res shots of my son's wedding.
Many of the relatives would like to see them and order prints.

I am familiar with Ofoto and Shutterfly, but am looking for a service that
will allow me enough storage space needed for these, also that will allow
viewing, downloading of full size files and a print service.

Checking the websites of the two above referenced commercial sites, I see no
information about maximum album size.

Anyone know? Or recommendations for other solutions?

I have also looked at PBase or using my domain name and purchasing web
hosting services, but that would mean users would have to download files
and take or send them to a photo printing shop. Most of the users are non
tech types, so we want to keep the steps to a minimum and the process
simple.

Cheers,

Bruce

Jimmy G

I've had well over 200 images of about 1mb or more on Shutterfly, & have
never received any notification of reaching any limit.

Recently, I purchased a D70 & u/l at least 50 or more images at full, 6mp
jpeg resolution in addition to my existing albums. Still no problem.

Try uploading what you have, & then see if you're stopped. THEN, let me
know

Brad

In article <kmTHc.43116$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said...
> Last weekend, I shot a hundred or so high res shots of my son's wedding.
> Many of the relatives would like to see them and order prints.
>
> I am familiar with Ofoto and Shutterfly, but am looking for a service that
> will allow me enough storage space needed for these, also that will allow
> viewing, downloading of full size files and a print service.
>
> Checking the websites of the two above referenced commercial sites, I see no
> information about maximum album size.

I don't think either of them have a limitation, but they probably will
someday. Datacenter storage ain't cheap, but if your guests are buying
prints they'll look the other way on the storage.

I'd also recommend dotPhoto which will do what you want and has no
limitation on storage (currently). Ofoto used to require your guests to
register as users just to visit your albums. I think they still do this,
but I'm not sure. That was the reason I never used them.