Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Plugins? Where?

Reply
Thread Tools

Plugins? Where?

 
 
Nigel Stapley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2005
Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?

In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:

GetFlash.exe
NPJava11.dll
NPJava12.dll
NPJava13.dll
NPJava14.dll
NPJava32.dll
NPJPI150_05.dll
npnul32.dll
NPOJI610.dll
nppl3260.dll
nprjplug.dll
nprpjplug.dll
NPSWF32.dll

But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:

GetFlash.exe
nprjplug.dll
nppl3260.dll
npqtplugin2.dll
npqtplugin3.dll
npqtplugin4.dll
QuickTimePlugin.class
npnul32.dll
npqtplugin.dll

There are also copies of:

npqtplugin.dll
npqtplugin2.dll
npqtplugin3.dll
npqtplugin4.dll
npqtplugin5.dll

in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in aboutlugins
in Moz.

So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?

TIA

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.judgemental.plus.com

<reply-to will bounce>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2005
Nigel Stapley wrote:
> Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
>
> In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
>
> GetFlash.exe
> NPJava11.dll
> NPJava12.dll
> NPJava13.dll
> NPJava14.dll
> NPJava32.dll
> NPJPI150_05.dll
> npnul32.dll
> NPOJI610.dll
> nppl3260.dll
> nprjplug.dll
> nprpjplug.dll
> NPSWF32.dll
>
> But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
>
> GetFlash.exe
> nprjplug.dll
> nppl3260.dll
> npqtplugin2.dll
> npqtplugin3.dll
> npqtplugin4.dll
> QuickTimePlugin.class
> npnul32.dll
> npqtplugin.dll
>
> There are also copies of:
>
> npqtplugin.dll
> npqtplugin2.dll
> npqtplugin3.dll
> npqtplugin4.dll
> npqtplugin5.dll
>
> in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
> Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in aboutlugins
> in Moz.
>
> So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
>
> TIA
>


This is a little odd. The first location is for your Program files. It
is here that Plugins are supposed to reside.

The second is for your profile. There is not supposed to be a plugins
folder in there. I checked profiles in bot 98SE and XP, and there is not
a plugins folder in any of my profiles.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2005
Nigel Stapley wrote:

> Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
>
> In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
>
> GetFlash.exe
> NPJava11.dll
> NPJava12.dll
> NPJava13.dll
> NPJava14.dll
> NPJava32.dll
> NPJPI150_05.dll
> npnul32.dll
> NPOJI610.dll
> nppl3260.dll
> nprjplug.dll
> nprpjplug.dll
> NPSWF32.dll
>
> But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
>
> GetFlash.exe
> nprjplug.dll
> nppl3260.dll
> npqtplugin2.dll
> npqtplugin3.dll
> npqtplugin4.dll
> QuickTimePlugin.class
> npnul32.dll
> npqtplugin.dll
>
> There are also copies of:
>
> npqtplugin.dll
> npqtplugin2.dll
> npqtplugin3.dll
> npqtplugin4.dll
> npqtplugin5.dll
>
> in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
> Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in aboutlugins
> in Moz.
>
> So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
>
> TIA
>

Mozilla the Suite plugins are kept in: C:\Program
Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins

I have no idea what this is: C:\Windows\Application
Data\Mozilla\Plugins or where its coming from. Close Moz, and rename
this directory. Restart Moz and in the address bar type in
aboutlugins and see what happens. Does quicktime show up?

This has nothing to do with Mozilla, and everything to do with
Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS

C:\Program Files\Quick Time\Plugins: the files here can be copied to
the Mozilla plugins directory.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nigel Stapley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2005
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Nigel Stapley wrote:
>
>> Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
>>
>> In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
>>
>> GetFlash.exe
>> NPJava11.dll
>> NPJava12.dll
>> NPJava13.dll
>> NPJava14.dll
>> NPJava32.dll
>> NPJPI150_05.dll
>> npnul32.dll
>> NPOJI610.dll
>> nppl3260.dll
>> nprjplug.dll
>> nprpjplug.dll
>> NPSWF32.dll
>>
>> But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
>>
>> GetFlash.exe
>> nprjplug.dll
>> nppl3260.dll
>> npqtplugin2.dll
>> npqtplugin3.dll
>> npqtplugin4.dll
>> QuickTimePlugin.class
>> npnul32.dll
>> npqtplugin.dll
>>
>> There are also copies of:
>>
>> npqtplugin.dll
>> npqtplugin2.dll
>> npqtplugin3.dll
>> npqtplugin4.dll
>> npqtplugin5.dll
>>
>> in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
>> Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in aboutlugins
>> in Moz.
>>
>> So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
>>
>> TIA
>>

>
> This is a little odd. The first location is for your Program files. It
> is here that Plugins are supposed to reside.


That's what I thought.

>
> The second is for your profile. There is not supposed to be a plugins
> folder in there.


I thought that as well. I've no idea how it got there.

> I checked profiles in bot 98SE and XP, and there is not
> a plugins folder in any of my profiles.


The folder isn't within the profiles folder. It sits within the root of
the 'Mozilla' folder at that location. There are also a couple of plugin
files (extra copies of nprpjplug.dll & NPSWF32.dll) in the root as well.

In any case, I've renamed the folder and those stray dlls now (at gwtc's
suggestion) and it seems to run OK without them.

The question remains, however, as to how the hell they got there in the
first place.

Thanks.

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.judgemental.plus.com

<reply-to will bounce>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nigel Stapley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2005
gwtc wrote:
> Nigel Stapley wrote:
>
>> Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
>>
>> In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
>>
>> GetFlash.exe
>> NPJava11.dll
>> NPJava12.dll
>> NPJava13.dll
>> NPJava14.dll
>> NPJava32.dll
>> NPJPI150_05.dll
>> npnul32.dll
>> NPOJI610.dll
>> nppl3260.dll
>> nprjplug.dll
>> nprpjplug.dll
>> NPSWF32.dll
>>
>> But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
>>
>> GetFlash.exe
>> nprjplug.dll
>> nppl3260.dll
>> npqtplugin2.dll
>> npqtplugin3.dll
>> npqtplugin4.dll
>> QuickTimePlugin.class
>> npnul32.dll
>> npqtplugin.dll
>>
>> There are also copies of:
>>
>> npqtplugin.dll
>> npqtplugin2.dll
>> npqtplugin3.dll
>> npqtplugin4.dll
>> npqtplugin5.dll
>>
>> in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
>> Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in aboutlugins
>> in Moz.
>>
>> So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Mozilla the Suite plugins are kept in: C:\Program
> Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins
>
> I have no idea what this is: C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins
> or where its coming from.


That makes two of us then...

> Close Moz, and rename this directory.


Done, plus renaming a couple of plugin dlls which were in the root of
the 'Mozilla' directory there aas well.

> Restart Moz and in the address bar type in aboutlugins and see what
> happens. Does quicktime show up?


Yep, no problem.

>
> This has nothing to do with Mozilla, and everything to do with Internet
> Explorer: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS
>
> C:\Program Files\Quick Time\Plugins: the files here can be copied to the
> Mozilla plugins directory.


The question now is: if the QuickTime plugin #5 is only in the QT and IE
folders, how does it get into the list of plugins in Moz?

Thanks for your advice.

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.judgemental.plus.com

<reply-to will bounce>
 
Reply With Quote
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2005
Nigel Stapley wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
>
>>Nigel Stapley wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
>>>
>>>In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
>>>
>>>GetFlash.exe
>>>NPJava11.dll
>>>NPJava12.dll
>>>NPJava13.dll
>>>NPJava14.dll
>>>NPJava32.dll
>>>NPJPI150_05.dll
>>>npnul32.dll
>>>NPOJI610.dll
>>>nppl3260.dll
>>>nprjplug.dll
>>>nprpjplug.dll
>>>NPSWF32.dll
>>>
>>>But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
>>>
>>>GetFlash.exe
>>>nprjplug.dll
>>>nppl3260.dll
>>>npqtplugin2.dll
>>>npqtplugin3.dll
>>>npqtplugin4.dll
>>>QuickTimePlugin.class
>>>npnul32.dll
>>>npqtplugin.dll
>>>
>>>There are also copies of:
>>>
>>>npqtplugin.dll
>>>npqtplugin2.dll
>>>npqtplugin3.dll
>>>npqtplugin4.dll
>>>npqtplugin5.dll
>>>
>>>in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
>>>Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in aboutlugins
>>>in Moz.
>>>
>>>So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>
>>Mozilla the Suite plugins are kept in: C:\Program
>>Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins
>>
>>I have no idea what this is: C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins
>>or where its coming from.

>
>
> That makes two of us then...
>
>
>>Close Moz, and rename this directory.

>
>
> Done, plus renaming a couple of plugin dlls which were in the root of
> the 'Mozilla' directory there aas well.
>
>
>>Restart Moz and in the address bar type in aboutlugins and see what
>>happens. Does quicktime show up?

>
>
> Yep, no problem.
>
>
>>This has nothing to do with Mozilla, and everything to do with Internet
>>Explorer: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS
>>
>>C:\Program Files\Quick Time\Plugins: the files here can be copied to the
>>Mozilla plugins directory.

>
>
> The question now is: if the QuickTime plugin #5 is only in the QT and IE
> folders, how does it get into the list of plugins in Moz?
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>

When you installed QT, it places these files into all plugin folders
within your hard-drive.

Or, if you installed Moz, then Moz searches your hard-drive for these
plugins and places them into the Moz plugin folder.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments