Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipdiscount Registration Problem

Sipdiscount Registration Problem

info@brainsys.com

My Grandstream486 went offline from sipdiscount this morning. No
reboots, switching proxies etc could persuade it to re-register. Booted
up X-Mate and it registered no problem to same Sipdiscount account.

Oh my ATA has gone south I thought. So I reprogrammed my Grandstream286
which was happily talking to Sipgate and it couldn't register with
sipdiscount either. No changes my end to precipitate a problem which
sems to be ATA specific. Or is it just my Grandstreams that are
truculent?

Stuart

mark kelly

> My Grandstream486 went offline from sipdiscount this morning. No
> reboots, switching proxies etc could persuade it to re-register. Booted
> up X-Mate and it registered no problem to same Sipdiscount account.
>
> Oh my ATA has gone south I thought. So I reprogrammed my Grandstream286
> which was happily talking to Sipgate and it couldn't register with
> sipdiscount either. No changes my end to precipitate a problem which
> sems to be ATA specific. Or is it just my Grandstreams that are
> truculent?
>
> Stuart

Actually no you not alone. Likewise my father couple of weeks ago
(posted on here and did not get much joy) . Grandstream 486 on
sipdiscount died aswell. At the time throught it might be the
grandstream 486, u know not supporting the codec or something. We
tried setting up to voipdiscount since was going to change anyway cause
of free destinations on voipdiscount list and call forwarding feature.
So my dad brought a Linksy PAP2 (offically unlocked) and setup this
time voipdiscount at my place. It works, take it to his place does not
work! Take it back to my place and won't register, have to do a
factory reset and than put it all again, than logs in. If put settings
at his place still does not work. But sipgate works. But my dad is
saying enough is enough and is now moving (please help someone so I can
stop him doing it) to talktalk free broadband offer to get free calls
so to speak to america, italy etc. And will sell the linksys PAP2 and
Linksys WRT54G flash with sovsoft firmware.

Anyway I think it must be something to do with Finera/Betamax group aka
sipdiscount/voipdiscount is a problem. Like maybe banning certain IP
addresses from using their service or something.

Sipdiscount & Onetel problem - Can anyone help please? Sam Jones UK VOIP 8 02-12-2006 05:53 PM
A different Asterisk & SipDiscount working Configuration (Thanks Sparks) Jono UK VOIP 12 11-04-2005 07:15 PM
Asterisk@home & Sipdiscount & one way ausio Sparks UK VOIP 3 10-17-2005 12:03 PM
sipdiscount users (5 euros) UK VOIP 2 10-14-2005 04:24 PM
sipdiscount J Smith UK VOIP 5 10-11-2005 01:50 AM

Advertisments