Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > free tools for UML-like visualisation?

free tools for UML-like visualisation?

AK

Hi,

I have a bunch of java classes (source files) written by someone else,
and I'd like to get a visual depiction of all the class
interdependencies, inheritance relationships, and what-have-you.
Could someone suggest a free and simple program that can take my source
code and generate such a diagram? It doesn't really have to conform to
UML standards or anything, as long as its something that can let me an
overall picture without having to go through (n)oodles of code.

Thanks,
AK

tlaukkanen@gmail.com

You could try free ArgoUML (http://argouml.tigris.org). It can reverse
engineer your source files into class diagrams.

-Tommi

AK

looks good, thanks a lot!