Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > connected but not connected

connected but not connected

=?Utf-8?B?R2xlbm4=?=

I have a home wireless system (Dell Dimension desktop, lynksys wireless-G
router, Dell Inspiron 600 notebook), that worked just fine. Then I download
XP service pack 2, and it works no longer. I either get a message that says
"limited or no connectivity," (meaning no connectivity), or a message that at
the top right-hand corner says I'm not connected, but in the text it says I'm
connected. (really bizarre)

I do have a WEP key. I've tried going through network connections, but
nothing seems to help. I'm not a techie, so any advice, please keep as
simple as possible. Alternatively, is there a way to uninstall the service
pack?

John and Pat

SP2 can be uninstalled. Follow this link...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875355/ln

Also are you sure that Windows firewall is not causing some problems? I
would also try disabling your AV program just to be sure it is not blocking
your connection. You can always restart the AV after you check.

Regards,
John O.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...