Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSLT and sort a column

XSLT and sort a column

RicercatoreSbadato

I want to load a table with 2 columns from an xml file.

Is it possible with xslt to sort the columns by clicking on their
header ?

Joseph Kesselman

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> Is it possible with xslt to sort the columns by clicking on their
> header ?

XSLT doesn't know anything about clicks; it's essentially a batch
process. Feed it a document and a stylesheet, get a new document out.

XSLT does have sort operations, so if you can use the click to cause an
appropriate stylesheet to run, you could write a stylesheet which will
perform appropriate sorting.

Joseph Kesselman

(Or you could have your stylesheet generate its output including the
appropriate scripting to sort on the client -- but that starts with
someone writing those scripts and deciding what the page that includes
them should look like, then writing the stylesheet to generate the page
that way.)

RicercatoreSbadato

Thanks, how can I manage the click? i'd like ot work only at client
side..

Joe Kesselman

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> Thanks, how can I manage the click? i'd like ot work only at client
> side..

In that case, you're talking about browser behaviors -- HTML/XHTML
scripting, rather than XML per se.

RicercatoreSbadato

yes, that's it.
tnx